Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

Mentally preparing for major colour change

Scarlett001
11 years ago

I've been living in a blue/gray interior in my house for years - blue/gray walls, blue/gray carpet. When I bought the house I did not like the colours, and I promised myself that I would change the colours to suit my tastes. But it has taken a decade to finally get around to it!!

Anyhow, I'm so used to my huge vaulted-ceiling rooms being a light/medium blue/grey. I LOVE French Country, and have chosen a new paint colour (SW Ivoire - lovely creamy yellow with apricot undertones in my house). The floors will soon be changed too. I can't wait to finally decorate the house the way that I like it.

The painting is being done in 3 weeks time by professionals. My issue is that I am anticipating in advance that when the new colour go in that I may be a bit "eek!!" as I suspect the switch to the yellow look from grey/blue (on those high walls in particular) is going to be a big and sudden change, no matter how good they actually look. And my old furniture/curtains are not right for the new look (everything is too similar in colour and will make the entire room look like a sea of yellow) and yet it will take time to decorate things to get the look I want.

How shocking is such a change going to be visually for me and how long might it take to adapt to it? Assuming it is a bit "eek" at first, is it usual to be a bit surprised when major colour changes on walls happen? Just curious what to anticipate and avoid any regrets as I see the colour going up!!

Comment (1)