Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plantation SHutters

Posted by dorry2 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 22:36

Trying to decide on which mfr. of Plantation Shutters to purchase for a second home in a beach town. ANy opinions on Norman Shutters, Next Day Blinds and the Louvre Shoppe? Wood plantation shutters are not an option due to the high humidity.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plantation SHutters

We recently installed Norman faux wood plantation shutters for 3 windows--inside mount using my existing window trim. They took several weeks to arrive (I was forewarned at the time of the order), but fit well and look great we think, and were easy for DH to install. I'm satisfied with them.

o

Thanks, Sujafr! The Norman Shutters are running 8-12 weeks. Next Day Blinds are made locally so I can have them delivered and installed in two weeks. Anyone have NDB? Opinions, thoughts?

o

My DS used NDB and they were terrific and look wonderful. His are wood,
although I imagine the non-wood ones would be of equal quality.

o

We just had installed a Garber shutter from Lowes in our master bath. Took about two weeks from when they came to measure to installation. Inside mount and kept my trim. Very pleased with the product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here