Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Narrowed to 2 choices for bb trim. Which one?

User
9 years ago

Sorry I keep talking about this. FWIW, I'm tired of it too.

I'm having beadboard installed as a backsplash. Here is the edge of the cabinets (other side looks the same) and the sink area.

I'm not adding trim to the upper part of the bb except at the sink area.
Mock up showing where the trim would go.
(Mayflowers are you sure this is still correct if trim continues in a 90 deg. angle? Having hard time finding photos.)
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Trim type for option 1
PVC exterior bead.
Along the bottom. Trim the side out with a dowel rod. The problem arose when I realized I couldn't use this same trim at the window. Could I use the dowel rod there?
{{!gwi}}

Dowel rod shown at edge and to be potential used at my window area.
{{!gwi}}

Trim type for option 2
PVC forget what this is called.
I'd use this for the bottom, side, and the area at the sink.
{{!gwi}}

Thank you!

Comments (7)

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

I like your idea about using a dowel rod. The first Vcap trim though is really small and would work as well.

The second trim is my choice, it has an indent for the BB to sit on and helps keep water from getting to the BB. It is what I used and doesn't take up a lot of area on the counter, looks like it belongs there.

Visually, I would measure from the window sill to the trim. Install BB between window and cabinet at the height of same measure.

Do I remember you said the BB would not be capped at the bottom of cupboard?. Optional, but I did this with the little Vcap. After installation I also decided to run down to the floor, even with the small 6" between door way and counter. And think the last pic should have gone all the way to the fridge.

• amykath
    9 years ago

I too like the second choice.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Technicolor - "Visually, I would measure from the window sill to the trim."
    Do you mean window sill to the counter where the bottom trim will go? That makes sense. It's 10-1/4" to the top of the sill.

No, I wasn't planning to cap the bb at the cupboard. I'll keep that in mind about the v cap.

So if option 2, it's correct to go from cabinet to counter using that trim and having the counter overhang with nothing above it?
    Follow me?
    Athomeinva did this and it looks nice. (Hope you don't mind me posting this Athome, I'll remove it then.)
    {{!gwi}}

If I did the corner w/ trim attached like this and still had the overhang, is that right?
    {{!gwi}}

Or should I have the trim angled at the bottom and the same trim coming down to it?

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

bump

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

That makes sense. It's 10-1/4" to the top of the sill.
    From the window bottom "trim" to the sill. Use this measurement for height of BB on side of windows.

So if option 2, it's correct to go from cabinet to counter using that trim and having the counter overhang with nothing above it?

The pic is an odd corner to me, or does the cabinet go all the way to the wall on left? If not, I would also put the BB from counter to height determined by window sill/trim measurement in this situation. In my case with a corner like this, I went with BB all the way to outside corner above the counter.

Or should I have the trim angled at the bottom and the same trim coming down to it?

This was the corner on the right that I suggested the BB go all the way to the corner and down to floor. It's a visual thing to me, others are welcome to disagree. If this were not such a short wall, I'd say from cabinet down. But the height of BB won't match the area by the sink. Not sure what you mean by an angle.

The reason I added a small trim to the bottom of cabinets is I can see them from my living space. It made me feel better looking at them. Another visual thing from my senses.

• User
    9 years ago

Second trim choice.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tech - Oh ok, from the trim to the sill it's 3-1/2"

"The pic is an odd corner to me, or does the cabinet go all the way to the wall on left?"
    I'm confused. Here are some better shots of the space that will be going through transformation. The end cabinet & counter I'm showing above is the last cabinet on the left of these photos. There's wall space beside them (about 2') and then there are patio doors and a few more feet of wall.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

I am going to go with the second trim style. I'll pick it up sometime this weekend.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH