Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

In a panic! Paint by Monday

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

We finished having our kitchen and breakfast area painted this past weekend. We used SW Naturel. It is a warm neutral with a hint of green. It sometimes reads beige, sometimes grey and sometimes green. I like it in all lights and love the way it looks in the space we used it in.

The painter is returning on Monday to paint the living dining area. I thought I would have my furniture chosen by now but I can't make up my mind what manufacturer to use let alone what color palette the furniture will be though it will most likely be warm shades. I need to make a quick decision and have the paint ready for the painter by Monday morning. I have two gallons of SW untinted that I bought several weeks ago during their sale so I need to pick a SW color.

Can anyone suggest a warm neutral that would go with a variety of warm colors? My room is approximately twenty three by fifteen and in addition there is a small ell where my dining table is located. I have two French doors and three windows so we get a fair amount of light but we are surrounded by trees so it isn't overly bright.

I really like SW Concord Buff but will that be too yellow if I use browns and blues? I also really like SW Steamed Milk but I think it may read pink and i don't want that. I love taupes but again worried about a pink undertone. Please suggest your favorite SW colors that are fairly neutral!

Comments (6)

• randita
    10 years ago

SW Believable Buff or Whole Wheat (on same strip but a shade darker). They're two of SW's most popular neutrals.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Randita. I am going to go look at them now on the SW website!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I really like the believable buff!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I went to SW store over lunch and brought back a bunch of color samples. The believable buff is pretty but very different than what is shows as on my monitor. I am still considering it. The whole wheat is too dark but at least I have a start on the process.

• teacats
    10 years ago

Have you checked out SW Universal Khaki -- might be on a useful strip of colors .....

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'm not that familiar with sw colors, but on line, steamed milk or white tail look nice, if you want to go lighter.