Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wifisker

Kitchen sneak peek!

Jess TKA
11 years ago

It's not all done yet but I couldn't wait to share a couple pics of the progress on our kitchen. DH is going to have the painter put one more coat on, then we'll need to wait at least 2 or 3 days before we put the doors back up and attach hardware. But in the meantime... what do you think?!

Comments (14)

• Jess TKA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One more pic.

• Jess TKA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I can't resist showing one more picture, but this is so you can see what we're doing next. The fireplace/sitting room is just off the kitchen and dining area with the same walnut floors. You have GOT to see the walls we're painting over as the "before" image. I picked up some SW Kilim Beige and plan to get this done this week. (What you can't see on the opposite wall is a funky faux lava rock fireplace, LOL.)

The walls are currently kind of a pinkish beige color with darker splotches, lots of rough texture, and even a little glitter mixed in. Wow.

• User
    11 years ago

I have been waiting to see those cupboards painted already they are looking bright and airy what a change can't wait to see it finished so much lighter already. Congrats on your new home.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

It's all going to be sooo yummy, getting up in the morning to make coffee will be such fun.

• User
    11 years ago

They already look good even with the doors off!

Glitter on the walls? Wifisker, you have RESCUED that house. I am really looking forward to your next kitchen pictures. The floor is just wonderful.

• tinker_2006
    11 years ago

oh I love sneak peeks! It is looking amazing, can't wait to see it finished and the other room will be a major makeover with just paint! Looking forward to your finished pictures!

• homersmom
    11 years ago

Looking good!

• springroz
    11 years ago

Looking good! I love the walnut floor!!

We are waitnig for our walnut to dry at a kiln, so it can turn into countertops for my kitchen. It has been MONTHS, but still I live with my beautiful plywood.

Can't wait to see it put together!

Nancy

• Jess TKA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! You can all take credit for giving me the courage to go through with it. :) There's soooo much more I want to do with the house but I have to slow down and remember that most of it will need to happen over time as we don't have the time or the budget for everything right now. In the meantime it's making me happy just to see the transformation that a little paint can do.

• lazydaisynot
    11 years ago

You must be thrilled to see how pretty it looks already!

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Already a huge improvement! Congratulations!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

What a big difference already!! Yay!

• chickadee2_gw
    11 years ago

Look how pretty your granite looks with the new paint colors! You're getting a lot of bang for your buck just with little old paint. I can't wait to see it when it's all done. It looks great even now.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Seeing before, during, and after pics is such fun. Can't wait to see the finished kitchen and I know we'll all enjoy watching as you redo the rest! Yippee.