Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 21:15
|We have a long space that will be divided into a living room and a dining room. I am putting an area rug (8x10) under the table and chairs in the dining room. I am wondering if I need to put a matching area rug in the living room part, could I go with one having similar colours with a different size, or could I do without one? Thanks.|
|My preference would be to use coordinating, not matching, area rugs unless you are using bound broadloom or a bound natural fiber like seagrass. In those cases, I think it makes more sense for the two rugs to be from the same material, although they don't have to be.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here