Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 21:06
|We are painting our exterior white. I am thinking of using SW Snowbound. Has anyone used this color on an exterior? We have a large wraparound porch and three dormers, very classic look. We like the traditional look of dark green shutters. I would rather the white lean toward the grayer whites rather than creamy whites. Suggestions? Thanks.|
|IMO, the subtle nuances of whites seem to get lost when used outside because of the sunlight.|
|Thanks graywings. Our painter said he won't use SW extra white right off the shelf, is too opaque. He suggests using about an ounce of black in a 5 gal bucket of paint, I'm fine with that.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.