Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trisha57_ny

I love helping you all with your decorating dilemas

trisha57_ny
13 years ago

I think it would help if you could just shorten your posts. decorating is my passion. I'm very good at it. but I can't read looooongg posts.

Comments (84)

• igloochic
    13 years ago

And the others? She's killing me...honestly! She's driven us to drink (more...it's not like we hadn't already started).

• kitchenkelly
    13 years ago

I think trish should pick up the bar tab. All in favor......

LOL palimpsest!

• amysrq
    13 years ago

The following occur to me:

Dilema offends me far less than dilemna.

Turns out Magnaverde is actually a teenager.

For the first time ever, I agree with larke.

Monablair is without a doubt the nicest person on this thread.

I think someone stole Trish's computer and is playing a joke on her.

I gave up gimlets in 1982.

• bronwynsmom
    13 years ago

Paint refrigerator BM "smokey taupe". Drape white sheers over ladder. Spray paint scrap lumber silver. You won't be dissapoint.

• kitchenkelly
    13 years ago

Amy, I agree with everything you said except for the last one.

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Palimpsest, I am crying.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

palimpsest I think you went a little overboard with accessories. Otherwise looks great. Remember to Edit.

:^)

• texanjana
    13 years ago

LMAO. You all crack me up.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

And that was actually a real project. (not the $200 budget).

• trisha57_ny
    Original Author
    13 years ago

this is so hysterical!! NOBODY, I mean NOBODY got it! (except mona).

• abundantblessings
    13 years ago

Well, I love the way you used varying shades of pink. But I think the wallpaper is way too formal to coordinate with the exposed brick on the lower level. And to think you did all that for under $200!

Y trly hve th gft! Trisha can't compete!!! But I know my response is waaay too long to wade through.

Srry, Trsh

• trisha57_ny
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Helooooo. anybody?

• kitchenkelly
    13 years ago

Good Night, Sleep tight, and pleasant dreams to you.
    Here's a wish and a prayer that all your dreams come true.
    And now till we meet again!
    Adios, Au revoir, Auf Weidersehen.

Good Night!

• trisha57_ny
    Original Author
    13 years ago

and pleasant dreams to you too.

Magnaverde,

Magnaverde,

hellooo?

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

palimpsest What freaks me about your reno is what is that hole under the stairs? All I can think about is a house we once had that had washer and dryer under the stairs and it looks like this one did too and the washer went through the floor.

Those stairs do not look to code either.

You did well for the $200.

Only took us 8K to fix this mess and a year of blood sweat and tears.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cliff House

• trisha57_ny
    Original Author
    13 years ago

well, okay then.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

trisha you are not saying anything here. Hello is just a little too short. Maybe if you explained "it".

• trisha57_ny
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shades -- order another!! "It" means SARCASM. "It" went way over your head.

• franksmom_2010
    13 years ago

OMG...you guys are a hoot.

I'm way too verbose to even start to comment.

• covingtoncat
    13 years ago

Snort, snicker, snort! Laughing so hard, hafta p.

K, I'll play, " Palimpsest, WTF? "

You all crack me up. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

• trisha57_ny
    Original Author
    13 years ago

How's Mark F doing? do you see him around Idaho?

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

What about my fridge in the lounge...it needs decorative help...thank goodness it is in the lounge so I can have a cocktail during the event!!!

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

vampiressrn it is all about the arrangement of the magnets on fridges to bring out the best in the look.

• redbazel
    13 years ago

Empty room. Blue. Hate. Need gift now. Hurry.

Red

• trisha57_ny
    Original Author
    13 years ago

you either have the "gift" or you don't. can't ask for it NOW.

• Shannon01
    13 years ago

Something told me to check this site before going to bed. I just had that feeling it would be special.

palimsest... I haven't laughed this hard in a long while, thanks.

• Shannon01
    13 years ago

Maybe Trish is related to the "designer" at the furniture store I am shopping at. I went in to discuss my choices (I am looking to furnish living and family rooms so this is going to be multiple pieces of furniture), brought pictures and such. After going over everything to see if she thought I was going in the right direction she literally said to me after I told her I was not quite ready to order everything yet, "So, why is it that you are here today?" I guess I did not keep it short enough for her??????

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

gr8 strt 2 am ! thx

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

Palimp, I think a stainless steel fridge would coordinate better with the sink and ladder than the white fridge you've got now. Have you chosen any wall colors yet?

• jlc712
    13 years ago

Wow.

Trish, whoever you are, thanks for the entertainment in this thread and the others!

MV: Yr rm is TFU.

:)
    Jen

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

Here is the after, my ego couldn't leave that one hanging :/

• ttodd
    13 years ago

HOWLING on floor at work!

What a wonderful treat to start my crappy ss morning at work.

In case you're all wondering I can easily take you all to hll w/ me on my bus. According to those around me at work I own the bus station so there's room for all!

PS: It's outfitted w/ a keg-o-rater in the back for the cheap rowdy crew and a martini bar in front for you sophisticated type!

Party lights are up and on - grass skirts available upon bus entrance!

It's gonna be a fun ride down!

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

Thankyou all so much! I needed that!

• bird_lover6
    13 years ago

palimpsest, not a fan of the layering in the first photo. And could you please hide the electrical cords. It's my pet peeve.

• graywings123
    13 years ago

I'm glad you all had such a good time last night. But really, blocks of text without paragraph separations and stream of consciousness writing make for a difficult thread to read and participate in. And that's what I think Trisha was trying to convey.

There was one post yesterday that I opened, read the first line and then closed; I wonder if that's the thread that drove Trisha to post. Too much text, too scattered, for me to understand easily.

The stream of consciousness posts make my eyes glaze over. If someone can't edit out completely extraneous information when writing, I sometimes question whether they can implement a major change even when being given good advice.

• User
    13 years ago

I lurk all the time, but never post. (I'm soaking up all the wisdom. I'm dumb as a box of rocks with this topic...but I'm building a new house and I'm trying to learn!)

Anyway....

Just had to come out of lurker-dom to say THANK YOU, for starting my day out with a good giggle.

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

I leave for 12 hours and this is what happens ??

"what color should I paint my living room"

green.

this forum will be very efficient from now on.

This reminds me of "name that tune" ,

I can pick a paint color in 2 seconds.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

Sorry Pal, much prefer the before,the after is too bare.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

So did the previous homeowners, who came for a post-renovation visit. 8-l

• Olychick
    13 years ago

Graywings, I think it was my post about bathroom window coverings. I'm not a frequent poster and so learned my lesson. It seems easier to give details as folks ask or make suggestions instead of the original post.

So...I started another called "Short and Sweet" and got some more great ideas/suggestions there.

But as I said in the op: I'm glad I was wordy; the spin-off posts were just too funny.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

Pal - ln cpl brds n tbl. B mch bttr 4 rm.

• airborne101
    13 years ago

OMG Trisha, you must come work with us at the decor call center......... please : ) printing this thread to take to work, thanks for the laughs.

• mrsmarv
    13 years ago

I think the title of the post should have read:

I lv hlpng yu al wth yr decratng dlemas

• arbpdl
    13 years ago

Magnaverde please do NOT shorten anything you say. I have secret decorating fantasies of flying off to Chi town, kidnapping you and bringing you back. You would not be allowed to leave until my house was all done.

It's a fairly big house.

~ Beth

• rosesstink
    13 years ago

Be still my heart. These threads remind me of the Garden Party before the exodus of 2001. What fun we had......

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

i understand you're all having fun here, but i would prefer if we limit threads to no more than 10 posts. they're getting tooooooo long for me to possibly read EVERYTHING.

and i'm very funny. you'll all be biting yourselves in the ass if you don't cater to my wishes.

• Shannon01
    13 years ago

This is what happens when we all stay up too late.

Olychick- Thanks for taking the hit for us. I was really thinking it was me cause I have a way with words and I just posted recently needing some advice. But if you want to take responsibility for all of this mahem I won't object at all. lol

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

Hunted this thread down due to conversations side comments about this and a few other strange posts.

Well, if you all want a go at it all over again, then the way to go is to post a new thread 9.30.10 ~ "The Eye".

Not commenting on this one trish, and to tell you the TRUTH, I personally think you are asking for more of the same by starting yet another thread pointing those who open the same, to your B&B trish.

If you have been a member at GW, for as long as you have posted on other threads on this entire site, then you know the rules, no advertising, pure & simple.

My wish for you is some help.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

tldr

• haley_comet
    13 years ago

What a funny funny thread...really witty responses...thanks 4 the laughs all!

Haley