Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myrealnameismama_goose

In a guest bathroom ...

... the only thing better than having Bambi stare at me as I relieve myself, is learning the real names of the male genitourinary tract.

Here is a link that might be useful: farmhouse guest bathroom/smallhousebliss

Comments (20)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

ROFL! OMG!

And that's the GUEST Bathroom????

• rgps
    9 years ago

Oh my, this is just wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin. And people claim I have iffy taste...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Oh deer!

• louislinus
    9 years ago

I mean I'm all for decorating with whimsy but this is even a little much for me.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Lol! DH used a restroom at a restaurant and the male and female doors each had a picture of a squirrel on it. The male caption said "with nuts" and the female caption was "no nuts".

• ghostlyvision
    9 years ago

I had to save it and horizontally flip it to read what's reflected in the mirror, yeah, that's a bathroom for male guests, all right. lol

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The website is devoted to posts about smaller homes--so why a huge deer head? Aside from being strange (or disconcerting, depending on one's beliefs) it seems out of proportion to the room.

Upon discovery of the medical chart, my first thought would be to leave a little 'surprise' for the homeowner. If it was framed under glass, I'd slather on some lipstick and plant a big kiss you know where. ;)

• Gracie
    9 years ago

That makes me sad. I don't find it funny at all. We should follow the Native American reverence for animals that we kill for food and clothing and show some respect. Putting that regal creature where you urinate and defecate. Disgusting.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

I agree May.

• peony4
    9 years ago

Native Americans historically display a number of animal parts that aren't related to a need for food or clothing. A headdress of feathers, for example, which was worn for battle or ceremonial purposes, rather than for clothing necessity.

A bathroom may not be the most tactful place to display a deer head, I agree. However, those who hunt deer legally adhere to state regulations in doing so and often have a better understanding of and respect for our country's natural resources than those who judge them. They understand wildlife balance, make use of the meat of such a kill, and mount a head from a perspective of respect and pride--like the Native Americans--not from mockery.

• chispa
    9 years ago

Ummmm, staying with the theme in the bathroom ... are those deer testicles mounted as knobs on the vanity? lol

I know they are oversized wood knobs, but just one more strange thing in this bathroom.

• peony4
    9 years ago

Oh, Chispa, no. The testicles would never be relegated to such a utilitarian function. Choose another body part. (wink)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Reminds me of the anecdote from Lincoln on the Brits putting a portrait of Geo Washington in the privy....

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

A buck, a dick, and 'nads for knobs.

Freud was wrong: It ain't women who have boo-ha envy.

But then again, there are those boob lights all over the placeâ¦.

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 9:13

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I bet it's this guy's bathroom:

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Or this guy's:

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Peony, the person you are describing is not a person who would mount the head there. Nor would a Native American. I am referring to that one photo and that one jerk, not making a generalized comment about hunters. The photo brought tears to my eyes to see such disrespect of the animal. The laughing comments just make me shake my head.

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

I just do not believe anyone would really have the poster in a room for anyone else to see, and I am doubting anyone would put a deer head in a bathroom. I sure hope this is a spoof..because this room is just tacky.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    Original Author
    9 years ago

If you click on the link in the OP, or click the link below, you can see pictures of the whole house. Some things are quirky, and be warned--there are other mounted animal heads, stuffed fish, and hide rugs. There's also a pic of a live dog, or maybe a stuffed dog that looks alive. I love the color of the exterior, which is repeated on the kitchen island.

The website is interesting, especially if you're looking for small space storage/decorating ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: modern farmhouse

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Interesting architecture. That deer in the guest bath is the weirdest part of the house for sure. Some of the decor is actually pretty cool, but then something goes awry. Really awry. Very unusual.