palimpsest

Now, *thats* a butler's pantry

palimpsest
9 years ago

Picture from Fox Roach

Comments (35)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Oh, my! I would love to have the space to do that. A butler would be nice, too ;)

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Whoa! Yeah, I'd need the butler too. That icebox is truly an 'icebox', I'm guessing. Converted to modern refrigeration?

• User
    9 years ago

I want all of it! Even if the ice box is still an ice box, I'll take it!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

That's some butler's pantry!!!

• Linderhof1208
    9 years ago

What's the rest of the house like? Love the sink!

• Laurie
    9 years ago

Makes me think of Downton Abbey..... Looking forward to season 5 : )

• mary_lu_gw
    9 years ago

Love it! Cupboards, ice box, sink, all of it! Do you have more pictures of the house?

• arlosmom
    9 years ago

WOW!!!

• eandhl
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Perfection

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love it! Wouldn't mind if Mr. Carson came with it.

Laurie, I just joined Amazon Prime and with membership I get free streaming video. I am in season 2 the 6th episode and I am enjoying it very much.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I love it!

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Love it! And yes, what is the rest of the house?

• rgps
    9 years ago

Hmmm. As I was seriously lusting over this kitchen I realized I have in storage (where DH has banished it) a Hoosier cabinet from 1911 that grandma had in her kitchen that is very similar although on a smaller scale. I have really wanted to use it in the whorehouse but DH is digging his heels in. I must try harder to change his mind. Tactics anyone?

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Living room:

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Be still, my heart! That pantry is beyond wonderful.

• rgps
    9 years ago

I'll take the rug and the collection of canton china. Y'all can have the rest of that livingroom. Thanks for the post pal.

• User
    9 years ago

I want to hug the wood.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

would love it!

• selcier
    9 years ago

I'm hoping that is what our kitchen will look like in the future. Unfortunately our 1930s house is just past the time of wonderful wood work - especially in steel mill cities.

• bonnieann925
    9 years ago

Great pantry!!!! Where's the dumb waiter? Wonder if there is one? Thinking about Newport mansions. Of course a butler would trump a dumb waiter!

• sochi
    9 years ago

Wow, that is fantastic.

• missymoo12
    9 years ago

if that room could talk...

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Very nice, but I'd paint it a creamy white to freshen it up a bit.
    And I'd take the plates from the living room.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

Hm.
    Interesting that such items that would be deemed "dated" in another time, are now such incredible classics. Can't imagine someone who didn't update them, to lose such gorgeous-ness.

Living room. oh-oh. Lots of visual clutter there. I'll stay in the pantry with the butler and stupid waiter.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

From the living room, I would like the dishes, the doors and possibly the server. The rest can remain with the house. lol.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Love the Butler's Pantry. Reminds me of my grandparents pantry.

â¢Posted by nosoccermom
    Thu, Sep 11, 14 at 10:17

"Very nice, but I'd paint it a creamy white to freshen it up a bit.
    And I'd take the plates from the living room."

â¢Posted by CEFreeman
    Thu, Sep 11, 14 at 10:36

" Living room. oh-oh. Lots of visual clutter there."

Looks like my 8 year old house. Oh dear...Guess I need to update!

After the death of my grandparents, parents and sister, my house went from a minimalist home to a collection of well loved clutter in a short time. And I only received a 3rd of it!

Add to that a wedding and grandson, my framed photo collection has grown. In addition, DH and I have been traveling quite a bit and just have to bring home those treasures.

When you get to be my age, it all adds up...blue plates and all! I can't bring myself to get rid of anything. Before long, my 3 adult children can divide the "clutter" and do what they will with it.

• eandhl
    9 years ago

The living room, while beautiful, is to formal for me. I'll just camp out in the pantry!

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    9 years ago

Love the butler's pantry. My guess is that many would feel more comfortable in the living room if it was just painted another color and had different window coverings. Otherwise, much of it is pretty classic.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

I have a butlers pantry, but it's like comparing a cherry with an apple, mine being the cherry. Awwww, the luxuries of the past!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Newhome, I love the pictures you shared of your home. It is lovely!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I was sarcastic since there's a tendency to go overboard with painting wood and brick fireplaces :)

• Zoe52
    9 years ago

Just needs a butler and then it is complete!

• User
    9 years ago

That living room is wonderful and could be updated in a snap. Take off those heavy swagged valances and use just the panels on appropriate rods with brackets and no tie backs. Paint the room a more subtle blue or even leave the color and paint the fireplace and chimney breast woodwork white, also the bookshelves and the French door trim white. The furniture layout is ok but I would def reupholster all the sofas in something less shiny and more updated. The furniture and decorative accessories are just beautiful.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I think it is beautiful also KSWL. Some rooms are just timeless.