Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 20:36
|Hi everyone, - I'm having a devil of a time trying to find a neutral to paint my kitchen. I just moved in two months ago and I plan on re-doing all eventually, but for now I just want to get rid of the slate blue paint that is currently in it. The challenge for me has been finding a neutral that can balance the deep cherry cabinets and beech laminate floor with stainless appliances. The room has western exposure so is pretty dark most of the day. I tend to use Ben Moore paints and I've tried Concorde Ivory (old kitchen color - too dark), Wheeling Neutral, Edgecomb Grey, Elephant Tusk, Windham Cream, and Manchester Tan....no luck. I'm trying to stay area from green/blue undertones, and find some middle ground. Any ideas are much appreciated.|
|Check out Carrington Beige (HC-93) Light beige -- no undertones ....|
|We just used BM Jute - AF-80 for all the great room, kitchen and dining area. We are very happy with it! No green/blue undertones. Good luck with your search.|
|We have similiar colors (not as dark) in our kitchen and went with Shaker Beige(BM). Good luck!|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here