Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklebread

Restoration Hardware French Gray Furniture wall paint match?

sparklebread
11 years ago

Hello everyone,

We ordered Restoration Hardware furniture for my daughter's room last week. We chose the french grey finish. Does anyone have experience decorating around this color? I am thinking pale pink or lilac walls-but would love recommendations-specific paint colors would be terrific! Thank you!

Comments (7)

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

I have a friend who paints vintage furniture gray for her space in an antique mall. She uses lavender and a green not as bright as lime, but not as grayed as sage. It's a very attractive combo with the gray. ;o)

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

I have a friend who paints vintage furniture gray for her space in an antique mall. She uses lavender and a green not as bright as lime, but not as grayed as sage. It's a very attractive combo with the gray. ;o)

• sis2two
    11 years ago

A white with a hint of pink in it would be pretty. Sorry I don't have any specifics.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Not sure about the RH gray furniture, but if you are looking for a barely-there lavender, I can highly recommend BM Slip. We used it in our last house, in my then 20-year-old daughter's room. She loved it, it was gorgeous. I had a marble topped desk in there, looked great with it.

• hoh2010
    11 years ago

We have emelia bed and double dresser in french gray for my daughter's room. they are so pretty! We have pale pink/green horizontal stripes on the walls, and pretty pink/green crystal chandelier. They look great with pale soft pink.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Farrow & Ball's Dimity is a whisper of grayed-down pink, and Great White is barely lavender-tinted. If you want a barely-there color, and depending on your light, either of them would look lovely with RH's gray.

For a stronger pink, Pink Ground (also F&B) might please you. Among the more usual suspects, I like SW 7116 A la Mode for a peachy pink, and 7114 Palish Peach for a less yellow one. (The first few times I specified that one, I thought it was "Polish Pink," which caused a few chuckles among the painters...)

Pratt & Lambert has a really girly one, also on the pale, luminous side, called Smokestain Rose, also great with gray.

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just wanted to check back in and thank everyone for their input. Went with BM slip AF-605. Great color! I like it so much that I am considering using it in the hallbath with a ming green basket weave floor.

As a side note for anyone with the RH french grey furniture~ this paint color is a great match with the RH antique floral drapes in lilac and scallop voile quilt in lilac. One room down- 5 more to go!

Thanks again to everyone for their inut!