Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funcolors-would you help me please?

Posted by sis2two (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 20:11

In a few weeks, I am having my kitchen cabinets repainted in Woodmode's Antique White. I have gone around and around about wall color in my kitchen.

Anyway, I would love to have your expertise. Initially, I thought about doing a lighter color in my kitchen along with my white cabinets. I have white beadboard around the perimeter of my kitchen and breakfast area also. My kitchen opens to my family room( Hampshire Gray) and my dining room( Berry Red by Ellen Kennon). I thought I had decided on Desert Tan by BM but I'm just not sure, because while my kitchen will be lightened by my cabs, I gravitate towards deeper colors and would love for my new cabinets to stand out along with a large window in my breakfast area.

I love the look of arlosmom's kitchen. It's one of my favorites. I need some help choosing paint before these cabinets come out. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funcolors-would you help me please?

It's good to know that you gravitate toward deeper colors - that color tolerance thing matters. And it's good to know what you want color to do, 'cabinets stand out along with a large window'.

Is there a link to arlosmom's kitchen? I looked but the search feature here is so lame I couldn't find it.

o

Here's the kitchen, Funcolors!

Here is a link that might be useful: arlosmom's kitchen

o

Thanks stinky-gardener for the link. I am techno-challenged to say the least.

Funcolors-Another color that I found last night in my Ellen Kennon samples is mustard seed. It is a richer color than the desert tan. Have you seen this color in person and what do you think about it? I have black accent pieces in my breakfast room. Thank you so much!

o

Yeah, at one time I painted my kitchen Mustard Seed. Then it was Cognac. Then it was Bronze. Then I moved. ;)

My new house kitchen is Edgewood Green. If you want 'softer edges' to the color flow room to room, Edgewood would work nicely with Hampshire and Berry.

Mustard Seed is an option but it's definitely more contrast color to color. If the cabinets are the focus, I'd go with EK's Champagne Gold. (which is the full spectrum version of a custom Tobacco Road color swatch that I sent to EK but don't tell anyone) Champagne Gold is also in the same range as Desert Tan but it's darker and more toned - essentially more complex.

Edgewood Green or Champagne Gold - two good options for what you're wanting.

o
ty stinky

Forgot to say TY stinky for the link!

o

Thanks funcolors. I have Edgewood green in my computer room and I do like the color. I have four rooms painted in green shades. Do you think that matters at all? Thanks.

o

Ooo, yep, too much green. Try C. Gold or Mustard Seed.

o

Thats what I was thinking too. Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here