Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

I am new to cooler paint colors

Aims
9 years ago

At my previous house my paint colors with a golden looking tan and a very rich red. I did like that look a few years ago when I did it.

We are going to break ground on our new home soon and have been using Sherwin Williams Chip It and Color Snap and I really find myself wanting cooler colors.

I have really gravitated to SW 7674- Peppercorn. My plan is to use a white on the outer kitchen cabinets and Peppercorn on the kitchen island and also for our bathroom vanities/cabinets. (I posted about this a week or so ago.) For our main paint color, we have chosen 7511- Bungalow Beige.

For budgetary reasons, we are planning on the majority of the house being painted that shade of beige. It seems like a neutral enough color that for now, it will work. I actually enjoy painting so I might go ahead and paint our master bathroom myself and guest bathroom myself. (Can you do that when the paint people are painting everywhere else?) I just don't know what kind of color to pick because I keep leaning towards blues and gray looking blues. I don't want to room to feel "cold" if that makes sense.

We also have an interior guest bathroom that I would like to paint, but there aren't any windows in it. If we can afford to add a skylight of some sort, I would like to so we can have some natural light, What kind of paint should I pick if we do the skylight or not.

Bring on the suggestions!!!

This post was edited by aimless07 on Sat, Sep 6, 14 at 20:03

Comments (4)