Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20021230

If Not A Fan Of Extreme Layering--Don't Open!

User
13 years ago

I'm fascinated with his collections.

Boaz Mazor has worked for Oscar de la Renta for forty years, having now earned that wonderful "At Large" title (although technically he is a vice-president) and this is one of those conversations that made us feel we had met someone who really relishes and celebrates life. He must have his demons because he has depth, but he is an unapologetic maximalist and we loved the exuberance of his apartment and his expansive emphasis on genuine face-to-face connection with people as opposed to the dislocated world of Facebook and Twitter and iPhoning. He was born and brought up in Israel and speaks with a rich, Hebrew-inflected accent that also sounds strongly French, which he also speaks. We loved the lengthy replies he gave to our questions as well his idiosyncratic way with the English language: "Tel Aviv! It�s the heart and the beat of the Middle East! Amazing! And the good looks ... the girls ... the boys!"

So you said as we came in that you don�t believe in decorators�

No, it�s not that I don�t believe in them�I don�t believe for myself.

You obviously have great confidence in your own eye.

Well, I guess so. I ask occasionally people like Geoffrey Bennison or John Richardson [for their advice] � but I look at people who have minimalism now � I look at the pictures and I always think "My God, what do they do with their books?"

In the master bedroom set of Parrot prints by British artist, Elizabeth Butterworth fill the wall. The four-poster bed is American, early 19th century. A bust of an English philosopher found in Pimlico.

A mahogany standing column lamp is topped with a green silk-and-fringe pleated shade. The small slipper chairs are covered in a fabric selected by friend, Mercedes Bass. The crown molding and beams in the bedroom were painted in faux-bois by artist, Malcolm Robson.

Photos of family and friends fill a small desk in the bedroom.

They don�t have books. They have a Kindle.

It�s not for me. I love books. I love bookcases. I love magazines around your bed. To a point. I exaggerate a little bit, I�m afraid. You�ll have to edit everything. However, life is all about magazines and paintings and drawings and objects.

Yes, external evidence of a rich inner life perhaps.

You know we have these � stagiaires, how do you call it? interns? who come by [my desk] fascinated by my board�there�s clips and there�s notes and there�s pictures of people everywhere. Everybody else has a very tidy little desk. They all have their computer and they all have their little � thing [taps his thumbs indicating an iPhone/BlackBerry] � and I see a line of interns standing my desk � saying "Oh look �" It�s a mess, a mess of a desk. I just don�t know how to be minimalist.

An Irish paisley is draped over the desk chair.

A portrait of Boaz and his pet parrot is by photographer, Marc Arbet and was part of an article on �Men of Style� in Avenue Magazine.

Peeking at the overflowing bedroom bookshelves and desk.

The ever-practical calculator shares space with small decorative objects atop the bedroom desk.

Antique lace softens the light emanating from a bedside table.

Piles of books are topped with personal mementos in a corner of the master bedroom.

Minimalism or even just being very tidy can seem very safe. Perhaps you�re not a safe person. Tell us about not being safe.

[Sighs] No, never being safe. Not being safe is going where your heart is. I always took risks, but not in my job though. It�s funny but I�m the only one in my job that has been with one company for forty years. I�ve been with Oscar de la Renta since 1968.

Why have you stayed for so long?

You know, it was another life. It gave me a lifestyle that I enjoyed. It was the same as in those days when the girls used to work at Vogue. They were never paid any money but Vogue had the chauffeurs and the cars and the best hotels. It�s all about living well. The same thing with Oscar de la Renta � you work but we always had the first class of everything. And I�ve lived like this for forty years.

The Red Room. Front and center in the Red Room is a collage made out of pasted jewels in the shape of an egg with inset portraits of famous painters. The piece was created by a White Russian artist and purchased from the Ivan Karp Gallery.

A mirrored wall opens up the space of the Red Room. The sofa overflows with opulent antique textile and needlepoint pillows.

Piles of books are topped with personal mementos in a corner of the master bedroom.

Standing below a 19th century painting of a dog and a painting of the country house of William Astor is pair of blackamoor busts that were gifts from Annette de la Renta.

Cigarettes�remember when it was normal to have them offered in a home? The table comes from the estate of famed socialite, Kitty Miller.

What is your relationship with Oscar de la Renta like?

He�s my boss � I just spent the weekend with him and Annette. But I would say it�s like family.

Have you argued with him?

Many times. And many times he scolds me. And many times he teases me. We know each other better than anybody in the world. I hate to think he�s not happy with me. He�s a father figure for me.

A drink tray stands below a portrait of the King of Persia.

A painting of the King of Persia during the Qatar dynasty dominates a wall of the Red Room. The portrait was painted by a Jewish artist in the 19th century. In the upper left corner hangs a drawing by Ren� Bouche of the wife of Arthur Penn. A group of Napoleonic watercolors hangs above a slipper chair covered in Clarence House chintz.

A group of 19th-century Napoleonic watercolors and a gilt mirror hang above a comfortable banquette in the Red Room.

Looking across the living room into the dining corner.

What was your childhood like � were you ever poor?

No, we were not poor. We were middle class, I would call it. I was born in Israel and I was raised in Tel Aviv. I did the army. I came out of Israel when I was eighteen and I became a model for Pierre Cardin in Paris. I came to New York as a male model. My agency sent me here. I was in the Dorian Gray Agency. It was up and down and that�s when I started to realize that I needed to do something else.

Your sister is Judy Taubman, isn�t she? She came here ahead of you, didn�t she?

Oh yes. I came here for her first wedding and I fell in love with New York. Everybody was so wonderfully dressed! Ohh �! Beautiful black dresses with white pearls and white gloves � and the models were walking on the street, on Park Avenue, and every model had all their makeup on. You didn�t go like today for a casting. You went from studio to studio all made up with the eyelashes and everything. It was fantastic! And I went first time in my life to El Morocco and my sister came to pick me up in a long limousine; [the women] were all wearing long dresses and my sister had a long shawl in mink. The men were in black tie � ohh!

Looking across the living room into the dining corner.

Boaz created a chic and cozy dining space by surrounding a fabric-covered table with pillowed-filled banquettes. The paintings are by 19th century English artist, William Etty.

The living room is filled with art and antiques collected from trips to Europe over the years. The painting of a young boy on the far wall is by a Dutch artist and was once part of the collection of The Cleveland Museum, identified as a work by a student of Rembrandt.

A group of six bronze sculptures: "My six slaves," says Boaz. "Four belonged to Virginia Chambers and were in the Paris Hotel Lambert of Baroness Marie-Hel�ne de Rothschild. The first two came from directly from Virginia; the De la Rentas gave me the second two and the third set I purchased from an antiquaire in Paris."

On the rear wall a pair of busts and columns belonged to Ferdinando Sarmi, head designer for Elizabeth Arden.

A painting of the Battle of Waterloo hangs above a sofa covered in a Clarence House fabric.

A collection of snuff boxes, some from the estate of Diana Vreeland, fill a side table. The photo is of a "slightly younger" Boaz.

A shell collection is carefully arranged next to a 19th century blue-and-white porcelain lamp.

Do you feel modern life is not for you? I mean life is not like that now, is it?

I love modern life for the practicality. I love the fact that the telephone has many extensions. I love my cell phone. I cannot stand people clicking on the BlackBerry during dinner. There is a problem with young girls who sometimes have to travel with me, or assist me [with clients] and they are clicking [does his thumbs again] and I say, "What is so important?" And they say, "The office is waiting �" and I say, "You know what? I went for forty years without these things and we survived." Once a day, at the end of the day or if it is an emergency�that�s all you need.

Yes, it�s depressing.

Most pathetic is I see couples in a restaurant not talking to each other and each one is on their BlackBerry. The one thing I learned in New York when I came is the art of the conversation. It�s an art. You have to practice the art. You cannot be at a Helen Keller party. You are not supposed to come to dinner if you have nothing to contribute.

Looking up at Boaz�s bronze �slaves.�

A painting by William Etty hangs on the mirrored wall of the dining room.

The paisley covered dining table is filled with candles sticks, plants and bowls and bibelots � "until dinnertime."

A living room wall is lined with books, paintings and small objects. The small brass adjustable table was custom made in France. The same design was originally in the Paris apartment of designer, Hubert de Givenchy.

The small drawing is by French artist, fashion illustrator and costume designer Christian Berard. The silver boxes are from the estate of Jerry Zipkin

A group of blackamoor heads, small paintings and silver boxes are arranged atop a lamp table.

An oversized flowering azalea and a pair of bromeliad plants adds a touch of greenery to the living room.

Is that your gift then?

You say :"I�m going out tonight to be with you." You have to light up [the room]. If I see that it�s dying � I don�t let it die. I jump in�and people say, "My God, he doesn�t stop talking!"

People expect it of you now!

They say, "We hear you are great story maker." They invite you, and sometimes you let them down because you are not in the mood � sometimes. I go to Palm Beach or San Francisco and someone says, "Oh we hear you have very naughty stories�tell us!" And it�s like somebody has clipped your tongue � it has to come naturally.

Another view of the living room.

There is comfortable seating for guests in all rooms of the apartment

The small painting is by Orientalist artist Benjamin Constant. A pair of 19th- century, blue-and-white porcelain vases flank a 17th century bust that was restored with a 19th century head.

Peeking into the Red Room from the living room.

A mirrored wall surrounding the fireplace mantel enlarges the appearance of the living room.

You seem very confident � have you always been confident, even as a young man?

I think confidence comes from realizing that if you have it, people listen to you. The moment people listen to you, you know you are on the right track. I think being around for a long time makes you confident. It sounds very arrogant, which it�s not, but when I see kids coming to the office and they all come with their "new" ideas. For them it�s new, for me, it�s old. Sometimes I say, "Do you realize that we have gone through this door already?" But one should welcome it because it�s full of enthusiasm.

Enthusiasm is the most valuable thing young people bring.

I love to see it, to [hear] them say "Oh my God!" when they see the collections. I am excited when I see them excited.

A brass and leather fireplace club fender surrounds the faux marble fireplace mantel.

Close friend, Geoffrey Bennison �gave permission� to Boaz

to purchase this 17th century ceramic dog and needlepoint pillow from him shortly before he passed away.

What do you do at the end of the day�do you tend to have a dinner engagement?

Most evenings I have a dinner

How do you cope with all the food and drink?

I don�t cope. I eat it. I drink it.

What do you like to drink?

Cranberry juice with vodka�sort of a semi-Cosmopolitan.

And music?

I listen to opera non-stop.

� Sian Ballen & Lesley Hauge

� Photographs by Jeff Hirsch

Comments (56)

• juliekcmo
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Maximalist!!!

There is finally a word for it.

I am in love

• baileyandbella
    13 years ago

Reminds me of our visit to Hearst Castle.

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

First things first. Who would not open one of Jim's threads? Anyone?

Absolutely stunning home.

Questions: 1. how many total square feet; and 2. who gets to do the dusting.

Thanks for sharing a peek into the home of a very interesting man. Kudos.

• awm03
    13 years ago

Oooh, hope he doesn't get bedbugs. That's a lotta stuff for critters to hide in.

I could live in a place like that. I could leave a can of diet soda on a table & it wouldn't disrupt the visuals.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I'm dizzy!

• leahcate
    13 years ago

work: "First things first. Who would not open one of Jim's threads? Anyone? " Ha! My thoughts exactly! Thanks again, chijim...you are most generous to share with us.

• kelpmermaid
    13 years ago

Opulent, but no pugs anywhere. Does this only happen in New York?

• krycek1984
    13 years ago

Everything looks great except the stupid mirrors on the wall. What is the fetish with mirrors?

• loribee
    13 years ago

Truly fascinating...
    I love the LR - and the deep colors seem very Ralph Lauren-ish to me, right?
    Thanks, Chijim!

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

thanks for sharing this; I'd love to visit and be able to browse at leisure.
    The wood moldings are amazing. Where is this located ?

• busybee3
    13 years ago

i don't mind all of the stuff, because i have a high tolerance for "clutter"...alot of it is beautiful.
    but, i can't imagine what he must pay his housekeeper!!! must pay a FORTUNE---it would take forever to clean a place like that!

• jan_in_wisconsin
    13 years ago

Couldn't resist opening this thread!

I love the style and pieces, but my poor eyes cannot find a place to rest! There's just so much of everything.

I'm not familiar with this person, but he seems to me like a hoarder with really great style.

Jan

• kitchenkelly
    13 years ago

I think he could take half out and decorate another apartment. My problem with rooms like that is they are so busy that you can't easily focus on the individual pieces. There is so much going on that not one piece seems special.

With that said, I guess it would be fun to keep visiting/exploring and noticing something new.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

It doesn't only happen in NYC, although thats where a lot of people who have the money to make this happen live.

My mother has a friend like this in rural Pennsylvania. The house is actually rather small and simple, but it is filled with museum quality stuff. Some rooms are lined with shallow shelves floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall.

She employs a full-time duster. She starts in one room, works her way through the collections, and starts over again. She could be called Ms.Sisyphus.

• cpartist
    13 years ago

Definitely fun to look at but I sure wouldn't want to have to clean it.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think one would be surprised at how little dusting has to be done.
    If you have an air cleaner(s)esp w/forced air, a good vacuum w/HEPA filters, don't smoke, and regularly maintain dusting...it isn't too bad.
    The thing to remember is, that you're not doing heavy duty cleaning and handling of every object all the time.
    Heck, if it's high up on a shelf, it may get dusted twice a yr.

People used to say the dusting thing to me and I used to laugh because it really didn't take all that long and I wasn't a slave to it.

I often wonder what the reaction would be if someone opened their closets and the reaction by an observer was, "You have some many clothes and shoes, I'd sure hate to wash, dry clean, and polish all that!"

Anything you have needs to be maintained in one way or another.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

Interesting. I'm assuming he's not the type to take an afternoon nap on the sofa. :)

• teacats
    13 years ago

Thanks SO much for sharing story about this fascinating erudite man! Handsome and charming -- just imagine the wonderful parties he has in that wonderful magical place!!! Drinks and stories! :)

I loved his comment about the art of conversation -- how true!! :)

Loved every inch of his decor! :)

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Lovely, but not for someone without daily 'help' since, among other things, "The paisley covered dining table is filled with candles sticks, plants and bowls and bibelots "until dinnertime." " Really, if I had to clear off the table just to make room to eat, forget it. Also, it is doubtful he really keeps his desk like that since you couldn't even dash off a quick check there-no spare space. No place for guests to set a drink, either. To me, it doesn't seem like a living place where friends gather to relax, but rather a showplace to...ahem...show off. Not buying it about the dusting being not a big deal, either-maybe not daily, nor as often when there are no pets or kids, but monthly only? I suspect if something were bumped out of place, you would see the telltale dust outline. Still, I must say he has done that quite well and it was fun to see. Thanks, Jim.

• Ideefixe
    13 years ago

I love this! Yes, it's OTT, but it's inspirational, and he's got great taste.

I love those moss orbs in the matching cachepots.

• User
    13 years ago

chijim-

Thank you for posting, it is a remarkable space. As a neophyte layerer, I admire his fearlessness and placement and sense of objects.

WRT the cleaning, great analogy about the closet full of clothes, you're right, no one ever says that. I have learned on these forums that there are people who first think not if they like something or even if they can appreciate it, but how gawd awful it would be to clean that thing, room, home, color carpet, etc. That's neither good nor bad, it just is. I am one who never, ever thinks about cleaning things, even when they are in need of it and are in my own home.

Thank you again for posting the pics and telling the story, truly appreciate it.

sandyponder

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Thank you for sharing this amazing space with us. It's obvious he loves it and the home is stamped with his personality.

I agree with whoever said it has a RL influence.

chijim, did you happen to see the story (below) JaneF wrote called "Extreme Decorating" on designer Howard Slatkin's NYC apartment? Your post reminded me of it, but then upon second glance, Slatkin's is almost empty compared to Mazor's! Be sure to look at the MBR wall details - to die for.

Thanks again for sharing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Extreme Decorating, French style.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Allison - No I was unfamiliar with Howard Slatkin's apt, I probably did see it in the 1999 issue of H & G yrs back.
    It is a feast for the eyes!

Thank you very much for the link.

I'm not even sure I could live in a place so extreme as I posted, but I can really appreciate that someone does. It's also wonderful for inspiration by breaking things down into individual vignettes.

Here's some other pics(slide-show) to see - his place is the haute couture of decorating.

Here is a link that might be useful: Howard Slatkin's Apt

• forhgtv
    13 years ago

Interesting man and beautiful rooms. I admit that I need a less layered look for my own comfort, but I would enjoy visiting those rooms.

• teacats
    13 years ago

Allison -- Wonderful link!! Those walls (and the their own story) are incredible!!! Deep rich sexy too!

Thanks for posting the link!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage (maximal in all ways)

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

"hoarder with really great style"

I think you might be right.

He does have exquisite taste, but it's overwhelming.

I know you said don't open, but gee, that just MADE me open it.

• deegw
    13 years ago

I'd loooove to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. On second thought, I'd love to visit but only if the owner wasn't at home. I would never be able to stop myself from gawking and nosing around. : )

Thanks for posting.

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I hadn't seen that feature on Slatkin's apartment. Thanks for linking. His kitchen was featured separately (linked below) since that is Jane's specialty. That ceiling is a bit too much for me, although I do enjoy looking. As you said, dissecting the rooms and discovering things on a smaller field is more enjoyable.

I did a piece on another elaborately tiled kitchen ceiling. Somehow it doesn't overpower the room like Slatkin's does. Probably because there is less everywhere else! http://bit.ly/9mOxMd

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Tile kitchen

• chloe5
    13 years ago

Couldn't help myself from opening the thread (I'm contrary that way). I'm trying to learn to layer more myself so it was interesting to see all those rooms, but that's just too much stuff for me. I guess I have a low-threshold of overwhelm.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    13 years ago

I really enjoyed this thread. The photos that were taken from every angle allowed you to see just how everything was arranged and flowed. I had a great time checking out all the little doodads. It gave me something to ponder, looking at the dark, deep colors and how he managed to still allow it to have light and depth. I like the layering effect, the details and small surprises. The use of pattern in small amounts. The high ceilings, the plants, especially the orchid by the bed and the two ferns on the tall, tall pedestals. I usually don't like mirrors, but in this instance, I thought they worked. His bedroom did look comfortable. I liked the pair of large bedside tables, that although they were cluttered, seem to hold everything he would need at his fingertips. I saw one lamp that I really liked.

I would enjoy visiting a space like this and could certainly adopt some of his choices of fabric, pattern, color, but I would not be comfortable living there either. I like to have a surface, on a table, on a desktop, to be ready and waiting with a clean slate to sit down to eat, or prepare a meal or pay a bill etc. I do identify with his non-technology way of life. I still don't have a cell phone and my DH only started carrying one in the last couple of years. Although I use my laptop for everything, I love books and bookcases and find the move to Kindles, very sad. Oh well. But that is me, as long as they had window screens and indoor plumbing, I'd be very happy to live as they did in colonial days. [g]

It was a treat to get the tour. Thanks!

• magnaverde
    13 years ago

As soon as I saw your title, Jim, I had a feeling I knew what this would be. This is why I read New York Social Diary--for great coverage of places like this. Of course, I have no idea who most of the party-going people that DPC mentions are, but, then, he wouldn't know who my friends are either, so that part balances out. But once you throw the House archives into the mix, this site is a total winner.

Yes, I love 99% of what I see in this guy's place. Stuff all over the walls, yes. YES. Stuff all over the tables, yes--except for what somebody mentioned above, about the dining table: I'm not buying that clear-it-off-for-meals thing, either. But that's OK. In NY, there's always a place to eat within a block or two. So that table can stay covered with stuff. And as for the 'dusting' comment, people said the same thing about my place. But as Mario Buatta says, "Dust is a protective layer for fine furniture." My hero! Besides, that's why we have cleaning people. And as you said, Jim, I hardly ever make the same comment about people's shoes & clothes, so why should that be the first thing out of so meany people's mouths when they see a place like this? Like Fitzgerald says, "The rich are not like you & me." At least they're not like me.

No, my only dislikes in the whole place are 1) the surfeit of pillows that would have to be moved--to where?--if I was going to sit down & be really comfortable, and 2) the nude dude in the dining room. Not, of course, that I'm a prude. I mean, I have a five-foot high chalk drawing of a half-naked Venus hanging in my hall, but, like I said, she's hanging in my hall, not the dining room. Sorry, I don't want to look at anybody's bare butt while I'm eating dinner. Then again, I'm from Peoria. Maybe it's different in New York.

I really do like amw03's excellent point, though: if you put down a can of pop in a room like this, it wouldn't ruin the looks of the place, the way it would in, say, an uncluttered, monochromatic Modern room. That wwould be an advantage. On the other hand, if I put down a can of pop in a room like this, it could be days before I spotted it again. Ask me how I know this.

Regards,
    Magnaverde.

• oceanna
    13 years ago

I love it. The deep vibrant jewel tones are breathtaking. Green and red are my favorites. The decor is opulent and fascinating. The paintings, the woodwork, the trinkets, the books -- how could one ever get bored in a place like that? You can browse there. Thanks so much for posting it, as even for those of us who won't live with that much layering, there are many good ideas in those pictures.

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

"...even for those of us who won't live with that much layering, there are many good ideas in those pictures." Can't say it better than that Oceanna!

Beautiful things to behold...a real feast for the eyes!

Thanks for this peek into a wonderful world of style I would never get a chance to see in real life.

• jockewing
    13 years ago

To each his own, but in a word, YUCK!

Looks more like a museum than a house. Honestly, there is just so much STUFF everywhere, how do you even set anything down?

• bizzymom_of_2
    13 years ago

I KNOW his housekeeper. The apartment is JUST as it appears. Everyday.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"I KNOW his housekeeper. The apartment is JUST as it appears. Everyday."

LOL - You made my day!

• bungalow_house
    13 years ago

Ah, to be one of the beautiful (rich!) people...

• riosamba
    13 years ago

I think it's gorgeous. I've always loved these quality layered spaces but my own homes have always been spare. Les mentioned never feeling relaxed in layered spaces but for me it is just the opposite; they souse me! There is so much to admire and revel in that I can't do much of anything else.

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Well, that was a romp! As someone who feels pretty inept at setting out all that tchotch just so, I am in awe of how he makes it work.

What gave me a real chuckle though is the picture of his desk. Among the spectacular objets, just above the calculator, is a Franklin Spelling Ace. I worked for Franklin in my 20's, helped arrange their trade shows and did sales training around the country. I met my husband at Franklin. Amidst all that glorious stuff, a hand-held spell-checker. I have a hunch this guy must write real letters on real paper with a real fountain pen.

• powermuffin
    13 years ago

Whether or not I could live there is not important. It is the height of elegance and to me it is warm and inviting. The very definition of sumptuous! Thank you Jim!

I am a prude about the nude dude though.
    Diane

• rosesstink
    13 years ago

(Had to scroll back to find the "nude dude". I like 'em.)

I'm not a minimalist so all the "stuff" I would find interesting to visit. I'm not a fan of red rooms but so many over stuffed rooms I've seen pictures of are red so maybe that's part of the formula?

The massive numbers of pillows on the sofas drive me nuts! I can imagine sitting down (daintily) and having them fall over my shoulders onto the floor, knocking the snifter of cognac out of my hand on the way down. Damage to expensive carpets be damned - I hate to waste cognac!

• bird_lover6
    13 years ago

I hope that's not a real bird in that cage. It's so small.

• cliff_and_joann
    13 years ago

I love it, it's rich and elegant. I love all the mix of
    fabrics, textures, colors, collectables and fabulous chairs...
    I love masculine type decorating, his style is unique
    and has so much of 'him' in the space. It's so fun living
    in a home that has so much of 'you' in it.

I wish we could see his kitchen and bathrooms. :)

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Thanks Jim...this has been a real education all in one post!! I appreciate your time to show us!
    J

PS: been missin' you and the kitties!

• amnaggar
    7 years ago

Great at aesthetics, bad in history... It's called the Qajar Dynasty. Qatar is but a blip in history. No dynasties there. And it's called Palestine where he was born and raised. Anyway, nice taste!

• monicakm_gw
    7 years ago

I didn't open it, promise!

• lizzierobin
    7 years ago

Thanks for sharing !!!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    7 years ago

So 'layering' is the current term of art? Have to admit it isn't as negative seeming as 'busy' or 'crowded' = J

• Bunny
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I opened it. While the thought of dusting and cats causing extreme mischief would prevent me from living in a place like this, I love how it all looks, esp. the colors. The King of Persian room!!! I don't want to live there, but I'd sure love to be a guest.