Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Where can I get a backsplash like this?

TxMarti
9 years ago

The stainless steel backsplash with shelf behind the stove top.

Craftsman Kitchen by San Jose General Contractors Chris Donatelli Builders

Comments (18)

• lotteryticket
    9 years ago

Try googling 'commercial range backsplash.' I didn't find the exact one as above but Broan has one on Amazon with wire shelves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Broan

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Yeah yeah, looks really nice. But.. functionally...? What's the purpose? Keep the creme brulee warm?

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

marti8a - mean no disrespect! Short answer is, find a local metal worker but you will need to provide extraordinarily accurate dimensions. Do love the look. As someone with a custom SS surround and capture area I do have some experience. It looks lovely; but just base on how high it is, I question functionality.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm not interested in the shelf to use for warming, so that's not a problem. However, as hot as the vent hood lights get, it might work. lol

I also saw this backsplash. Doesn't look like stainless, but I don't know what else it would be. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that company answers questions either.

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Sacramento Kitchen & Bath Designers Kitchen Mart

• terezosa / terriks
    9 years ago

Did you Google "stainless steel backsplash"?
    I did and there are quite a few results

Here is a link that might be useful: Google search for Stainless Steel Backsplash

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I did, but I didn't come up with any that didn't go all the way up to the vent hood. I'm still not convinced stainless is the way to go because my appliances are all white.

• chispa
    9 years ago

Marti8a, I have one just like that. Came with the house, but it seems to be integrated or part of the DCS 48" stove. Mine even has a horizontal slit vent at the top, just above the shelf, that is somehow tied into the ovens for venting.

I just looked quickly on the DCS website and they seem to show a few version of the stainless backsplash in their photos, but I wasn't able to find it as a standalone item. I suggest you call DCS or a dealer to get more information.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

It seems that they are often part of the stove purchase .
    If not they are fabricated.
    Piece of stainless steal then add...

• mary9915
    9 years ago

We had ours fabricated at www.discountsteel.com. They are local, but I believe they ship. They will do any measurement you need...

Pardon the bad picture...the kitchen wasn't finished yet!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Glass?

Printed on tempered glass

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wonder where you get a tempered glass backsplash? I'll have to do a search for that too. Thanks!

• User
    9 years ago

Our shelf and low stainless backsplash came with the Garland (prior to being rebadged as Bluestar) range. We purchased a "quilted" SS piece that goes up to the hood. Our shelf houses a pepper grinder, teapot, mortar & pestle and simmer plate, it's also useful for a slow, not-too-hot-to-touch warming of plates when the oven is on (and when you, ahem, remember to put the plates up there). I also stick the tea kettle up there when I need all four burners. Ours looks lower than the one in the first pic, and it's not too high to be functional, but even the kid in our house is over 5'8" so YMMV.

Check with a kitchen place for the SS backsplash, ours was part of a display that was taken down when the pattern was updated, but I know you can order them. Some range manufacturers have shelves that can be purchased aftermarket.

Good luck,

sandyponder

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I looked into this. You can order tempered glass online and have it shipped. Just google it. Below is but one example.
    And then, if you're really enterprising, you can try to find a printing shop that will do digital printing on glass. I'm itching to try this.

Another option would be to find a local glass hop that does commercial products.

Here is a link that might be useful: tempered glass online

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Ours was an option with our range. There was also an option for heating lamps or regular. Some outlets accommodate both. Many people down here have local stainless steel/copper/metal fabricators do theirs according to their own specifications. Personally, I love my stainless steel backsplash and high shelf, especially when we wok!

A google search of Dallas area stainless steel fabricators turns up many. Here is one link.

Here is a link that might be useful: I don't know this company

• Claire Buoyant
    9 years ago

This is our S.S. backsplash. We remodeled our kitchen in 2005. It was fabricated by a tin worker? who worked for my brother's HVAC company. The guy usually built duct work for commercial applications. 9 years later, I still love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: S.S. backsplash

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    9 years ago

Lowes has a 24x30' metal backsplash in white, black, and bisque.

• User
    9 years ago

Marti, you can get a tempered glass custom sized by going to a glass company. Tell them what you want, they come measure, and install it for you if required.

As for the stainless, when I got my Bertazzoni range, they offered the stainless backsplash to match the sizes of their ranges. So, I conclude that other range mfgrs will do the same.

How you doing, lady? See you on the "other forum" soon? :)

Note: I also purchased 6 of the stainless 24" x 9" deep shelves to mount either side of the range, found them at Costco, same product as found elsewhere for higher price.