Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DD2's Dining Room

Posted by allison0704 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 19:43

She entered her DR and LR in a locally owned home store contest, and her DR made the Top 5!! The prize is a $50 gift certificate to the store. If you are on Facebook, I hope you will go to At Home Furnishing and vote for her Dining Room by "liking" the photo in the contest Album - large horse painting, sideboard, Chinese console and several accessories came from the store.

She's been going through a rough spell recently and winning would really make her day!

Thanks in advance,
Allison

(I will add a link, but don't know if it will work.)

Here is a link that might be useful: At Home Furnishings - Contest

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DD2's Dining Room

Very pretty ;-) I voted for her!

o

So did I TWO times. Just a heads up, her photo is shown twice with 2 different counts. Just to cover all bases I hit like on both. Pretty room, but there was another one that IMHO will give her a run for her money! Good luck.

o

Great looking room...she got my vote ! c

o

WOW, again with the horses. Maybe Sarah wasn't so far off after all?

o

I also "liked" both places where the photo was shown, is that how you vote ?

o

Thank you so much! I'll add a link here to the Top 5 album. If you voted twice, you voted in the Top 5 and in the album they put all the entered photos.

lol @ the Sara comment. The horse painting was one of the first things she purchased 4 year ago when she bought the house. I like DD2s painting more than Sara's!

Here is a link that might be useful: Top 5 - Dining Room, Thanks!

o

My vote is in!

o

Very nice. Hope she wins! IMO the living room with the fireplace is her only competition.

o

Well, that wasn't hard to do! Her room is the best of the bunch.

o

The FB acct is DH's, so I'm not sure if my "like" took, but I did try! I like her DR--nice visual impact for a small space, and very inviting (when's dinner?)!

o

Thanks! I wondered who was who when I looked at the names. ;D Voting is open until the 5th, so if you haven't taken time, I hope you will.

The LR is pretty, but it looks like every 4th LR out there, imo.

o

Did you manage to match up names to gw usernames ? that must have been a task indeed, although not in my case , pretty obvi !!

o

very pretty. Can you please tell me who the artist is of the horse painting? I am hoping you don't say Ashley Collins because I can't afford her stuff, but have been looking for something similar.

o

Done! Very nice room. I too love the horse painting. I'm pretty new to the board and the first time I saw a horse painting in the dining room, I though it was a little odd. Took me just a minute to realize, I LOVE IT!. Do tell the artist or where she got it. Thanks!

o

No, I haven't been able to match up FB to GW names. But it's fun to try!

Thanks again for voting.

The horse canvas is a giclee by North Carolina artist Patrick Wright. By searching his name, you can find this canvas as well as other works. It is 60" x 40" - so quite over-sized.

Here is a link to her DR redo. This picture is almost 2 years ago. She has since found a vintage blown glass lamp (pale yellows, not too swirly) and replaced the print over Chinese table with a vintage-feel collage I made 15 years ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dining Room Transformation

o

Like mother, like daughter! Nice to see your name.

o

The horse canvas is at Ballard Designs to those interested.

Very pretty room!

o

Thanks, lolauren. I forgot to answer where DD2 bought hers and the sideboard and Chinese table from the locally owned home store that's having the contest. At Home (Furnishings):

Here is a link that might be useful: At Home

o

My vote is in too!!!

I hope she wins!

o
RE: DD2's Dining Room UPDATE

Wanted to update everyone who were nice enough to vote - DD2 won! She was tickled, and said to thank everyone here!!

o

YEAH, DD2!!

o

That's awesome! I voted too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here