Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
islanddevil

Your favorite home decorating and design websites

islanddevil
11 years ago

Hi all, can you please tell me your favorite websites for home decorating and design for ANY room or space, inside and out. Landscaping, kitchen and bath, products, DIY, remodeling, furniture, floors. You name it I'm interested in where you get your inspiration, including interior designers, magazine sites, blogs, etc.

Also any favorite sites you have to register for to get in like Haute Look, One Kings Lane...I think that's what it's called. I haven't signed up for any because I don't want to get bombarded with useless emails, but if there are any you love, please fill me in.

Of course there is Houzz, but what else?

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• mary_ruth
    11 years ago

jossandmain.com you have to register but you can get email updates and the sales have deadlines

LOVE Pinterest because the photos are amazingly good and so many ideas!

Houzz is also my favorite and you can save your own ideabook files. http://www.houzz.com/

Then I follow some Blogs that lead to other Blogs and save my favorites on Face Book or Pinterest. And the great photos on Pinterest that have good links can lead to hours of great ideas flowing right in front of you!

Here is a link that might be useful: my Pinterest home page

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Reminds me I haven't check in for awhile, a Blog called Better After.

I cannot forget RetroRenovation!

Of the subscription sites, I like Fab.

Here is a link that might be useful: Better After

• glassonion
    11 years ago

Mine is certainly HGTV. I get so many inspirations there.

• pirula
    11 years ago

atticmag....

Here is a link that might be useful: atticmag

• chardie
    11 years ago

I like real-life decorating that you find in blogs. Check out my blogroll on the righthand side. There are farmhouses, colonials and Victorians, mostly with slightly modern twists on vintage style. There are also beautiful gardens in the mix.

I like blogs because they're real homes decorated by (usually) nonprofessionals like me.

Here is a link that might be useful: good blogs

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

All of the major shelter mags have pretty good websites.

I love Apartment Therapy (not at all what it sounds like) for their house tours.

I like blogs like Velvet and Linen and Cote de Texas, Habitually Chic and then you can spend a year or two checking out the blogs they link to, and so on and so on.

Roomplanner and Sketchup.

I also like to look at websites of local architects, and local real estate listings.

• luckygal
    11 years ago

Blogs (North American, European, and worldwide), shelter mags (Home Beautiful, Traditional Home, House to Home UK, Country Living, Style at Home, Canadian House and Home, Verandah), interior designers, architects and landscaper designers websites all have inspiration.

Here are some blogs I like:

"For the Love of a House"

"French-Kissed"

"The Enchanted Home"

"Aiken House and Gardens"

More blogs here: "top 20 blogs"

Google is a great way to find home decor sites.

• changingitup
    11 years ago

Great thread, can't wait to start exploring :)

Havent seen remodelista mentioned-
    http://remodelista.com/

• bethohio3
    11 years ago

Don't forget that you can always create a 'throwaway' email address for an area of interest.

So, create island-decorating@gmail.com or whatever, and then use that for all of the sites you sign up for. You can check that mail whenever you want to, and discard it if it gets spam filled.

(I have more email addresses that most, I admit)

• islanddevil
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the great suggestions!! Many I've never heard of so can't wait to bookmark and explore.

One I forgot about is Lonny.com. The online version of a magazine I would probably never spend the $ to buy, but what I like about it is you can run your curser over many products in the photos and it will provide price and purchase info. Like the immediacy of that. Always hate having to flip to the product pages in the back of magazines.

bethohio3. Good suggestion. I've tried that in the past, but had trouble remembering them and or passwords! Maybe I should try again. Thanks.