Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

More Craig's listing funnies.

lindac
11 years ago

Wondering what a "china palace" looks like?

Here is a link that might be useful: china hut....

Comments (27)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

...and it's not a typo because hut is repeated in the ad

Maybe they just had take out from...

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Heehee.

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

These kinds of listings always make me giggle.

• deegw
    11 years ago

I saw an ad yesterday where the spelling was so horrible it seemed cruel to post it to make fun. I will share the new wood species that the table was made from - "mayokoney". Yup, we're in South Georgia.

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

Must be just a hut since it looks sorta small oriented taht way. I make typos on occasion myself, but honestly, 'mayokoney'?? What the....??

• marcolo
    11 years ago

Lots of the usual:

"HEAVY ROD IRON OUTDDOR TABLE EXSPRESSO COLOR"

• SunnyCottage
    11 years ago

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen on my CL in a while. $450???

Here is a link that might be useful: Are you kidding?

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Here's one that I borrowed from my favorite CL site:
    {{!gwi}}

You can read the comments at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Comments

• avesmor
    11 years ago

Craigslist's search engine should include misspellings. There is such a thing as rod iron so I can understand the wrought/rod confusion a little, but I usually add "rot" and get several more hits, and even roth.

Here is one I saw yesterday. Sentence structure aside, a "rot iron" bed they bought for my son (which I don't have), with a full size bid (and a stirdy bed)... and way TMI about their son.

I have a loft bed it is black rot iron bed,,,,which we bought for your son now he has out grown it....need to get him something diffrent....it is in real good condition,,it is a full size bid on the top,,and a desk that is underneth the bed....just all nice and stirdy bed,,my boy is six one and about 200lbs...I need to sell this to get hiim something closer to the ground......I dont have pictures of it up but ill try to find one...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/fuo/3247654284.html

• lynninnewmexico
    11 years ago

In the furniture section of the Albuquerque CL today:
    "Chester Draws" for sale. Perhaps if they'd thought about the origins of the words they could have figured out that it's really a chest of drawers . . . nah (LOL)!

• natebear zone 10B
    11 years ago

LOL "Chester Draws"! That's what I called them when I was 3.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    11 years ago

Oh, lol lol lol. Do go read the comments on 'funs' if you haven't yet.
    Me too,' chester drawers', as a kid :> )
    Marti

• ww340
    11 years ago

Someone here advertised a chair and automan. There are also "marlin manroe" pictures available.

I see rod iron, rot iron and wrot iron all the time. I just search for iron now.

Chester drawers are great, lol.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

I keep thinking about the child's Christmas drawing with the fat man in the corner, identified upon asking as Round John Virgin.

• awm03
    11 years ago

When searching for sinks, I saw lots of them with an "OG" edge. It looks just like an ogee edge : )

• Olychick
    11 years ago

Someone here has been advertising "sitting chairs." Um...is there another kind?

• deeinohio
    11 years ago

My mother always called her china cabinet the china hut. She's 87, so maybe there's some historical reference I'm not aware of.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Dee, that's interesting. Maybe a regional thing?

• chibimimi
    11 years ago

"Chester draws" -- that sounds like the title of an exhibit of artwork by Dennis Weaver!

Dee, is it possible what your grandmother was saying was "china hutch"? That's what my mom used to call our china cabinet.; it had open shelves on the top half, sort of like a Welsh dresser.

• lara9143
    11 years ago

Here's an interesting one:
    "Free Couch! (Bum not included)"
    "...Their authentic "ugly chic" style is further legitimized by the fact that a filthy homeless man slept on them last night. "

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/zip/3250513511.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Couch! (Bum not included)

• sombreuil_mongrel
    11 years ago

In millwork catalogs OG as shorthand for "ogee" has been in use for over a century...
    Casey

• trancegemini_wa
    11 years ago

"is it possible what your grandmother was saying was "china hutch"? "

That's what I was thinking too, I've heard them called a china hutch before

• deeinohio
    11 years ago

It was my mother, not grandmother, and I've heard her say it hundreds of times. Sadly, she now has Alzheimer's so I can't ask her the origin of the word.

• dedtired
    11 years ago

Here's couple of chairs to put in your palor.

Here is a link that might be useful: let's sit in the palor

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    11 years ago

In Jacksonville, we have a listing for some "Amazing Househole Items". Even it if it's an unintentional typo, too funny!

• nhb22
    11 years ago

Posted by bronwynsmom (My Page) on Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 20:13

"I keep thinking about the child's Christmas drawing with the fat man in the corner, identified upon asking as Round John Virgin."

Reminds me of when my niece was little. We were sitting in church during a Christmas service. She handed me a pencil drawing featuring a tall multi-windowed building (looked like a hotel), had a star in the sky, and with a baby at the base of the building. When I asked what it meant, my niece explained that it was baby Jesus after being born at the inn...a Holiday Inn! lol

OK, off to look at CL.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

Oh, I was hoping there was one of these threads around, when I found this today:

Couth - $22

Date: 2012-11-23, 10:08AM EST

Have 2 couthes. Sell one First $22fNew one $77.00 no stains or smells bought new one 77. Other blue one $22.00or trade for a new full size truck or the green one just bout. Like new sell ?77.00 or trade for a nice old late 30es truck big block autoFast& Loud

I can't figure out which one of his 'couthes' he wants to trade for a new truck, but I find the toe jam rather uncouth, and also somewhat OT. ;)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

?????????????????
    {{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Couth - $22 (worth every penny, I'm sure)