o
What size lamp cont. 2...

Posted by katlan (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 19:18

New blue bedroom color. Love it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What size lamp cont. 2...

I love the blue, too. As far as the console, I would leave it black since you have the tv which is also black. Did you say what your bed linens are? I think you may be able to find something that ties it all together. I wouldn't get too large a lamp since you have only 14" of depth. Maybe a smallish lamp sitting on a stack of books if necessary to raise it to a good height for reading.

o

Cyn, thanks for the response. Never even thought about the tv being black also. And it's on the other side of the room.

This is the new bedding.

o

Pretty. I am responding here so others may see the blue color and the cream/white furniture.

To go back to the lamp and respond here to your question on the other thread-if you have a 25"inch lamp, go ahead and try it. I find I really need to see something in place before I can really decide. If the lamp and its shade aren't too wide, it could definitely work on your console. A smaller lamp could work as well and if you feel it is too short, just sit it on several books.

o

Thanks again Cyn for your help. Guess I should have put all the pics on one thread, as recommended by someone else.

I didn't buy the taller lamp yet, I was just trying to get some opinions on what size to get.

I do have one small cut glass lamp, approx. 10" high max. Needs a shade. I think I'll get the console first, get it in place and make sure I like it, then start on the lamp issue, haha. Good Lord, what a process this bedroom is for such a small room. It's definitely not like a lot of rooms I see on here, which is why I was hesitant to post mine.

I saw the boxes below and also liked them for the shelf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here