I'm building a home and am stuck on the shutter color. Exterior cedar shake is Benjamin Moore Nantucket Grey with BM Cotton Tail white trim. I was looking for a grey/blue color for the shutters to pull some of those colors out of the stacked stone water-table (colors are muted right now b/c the stones have yet to be washed), but the BM Hale Navy is too blue. Any suggestions on a dark grey/charcoal color with just a hint of maybe midnight blue?
Thanks for the input!
|You need to get a sample of CW623 Brush-Everard Blue. Williamsburg Color Collection from Pratt & Lambert. SW store should be able to mix a Color To Go jug. The harmony with Nantucket Gray is divine. Odd color name, little-known color collection but you won't find a similar blue anywhere else. Hale Navy is the wrong blue on many levels of contrast, you are right that it is too blue.|
|Here in Virginia, as you might imagine, the Williamsburg paints are everywhere, and easy to find. |
You can see the Williamsburg colors at this link.
Click on the Color Visualizer tab, and then click on "All colors" under Williamsburg on the list on the right.
There's also a store locator.
Here is a link that might be useful: P&L Williamsburg color collection
|Thank you! I will follow-up on CW623. The Hale Navy makes me cringe every time I look at it. |
|TY for the link, bronwynsmom. Pratt & Lambert has shrunk so much in the marketplace I automatically assume it's not accessible. |
You'd think I'd learn by now to not make that kind of assumption! One of these days I'll catch on. ;)
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.