Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 18:15
|I'm trying to find an accent color for our new living room. Attached is a picture of our sofa(minus the ugly pillows) and coffee table. Our walls will be painted a light gray. I was thinking possibly an orange upholstered chevron chair and then adding some orange pillows to the sofa. But I'm not sure if that is the best accent color. Also what color curtains would you recommend? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!|
|What you have is neutral so the possibilities are endless. Do you have any other objects such as art or rugs with color to pull inspiration from. I would consider blues, oranges, lime green, or other neutral colors. Look around on the internet, there is a ton of inspiration out there. If you decide on a color let us know and we can help you from there.|
|I agree with carminnc you have a great base here - the color wheel is your oyster! But, like you I have an obsession with orange and chevrons (I use both for my blog website banner!) if you like chevron but want to maintain the use-ablity of all your pieces so you can easily change your accent color in the future you could consider a chevron ottoman instead of chair (cheaper!). |
pillows in an ikat chevron would be a modern take on the usual chevron pattern and are "on trend"...
Here is a link that might be useful: orange accents
|I think a light creamy linen would look great on the windows or you could always match the walls too. Either way would be super. That way you can introduce a few pillows with a cream in them and pop the cream color around the room. I love the idea of the orange but, as the others say, you have a wide choice of colors from which to choose. Your choices so far are spot on and gorgeous.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.