Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Anyone used these SW colors on exterior trim?

msrose
9 years ago

The company that's going to paint my house gave me a brochure with SW and Kelly Moore colors they recommend. I'm more familiar with SW colors than Kelly Moore, but I haven't heard of some of the ones I'm leaning towards. Would love to know if anyone has used them and how the look (white, off-white, green/pink/yellow undertone). I think I want an off-white with no undertones, but I'm not sure.

Eider White
Incredible White
Nacre
Creamy (looks like it could turn yellow)
Alabaster (too yellow?)
Garden Sage (for door)

Comments (10)

• msrose
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh well, I knew it was a long shot!

Can anyone recommend a pretty SW sage green for the front door? They only gave me one to choose from and I feel like there may be some prettier ones out there.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

I thought my interior trim is SW 1095, but when I went to the SW website and searched on that number, I was told there was no such thing. It is a good off white. And the buckets upstairs say
    "1095 off-white." Go figure!

For a sage green, look at Svelte Sage.

Here is a link that might be useful: Svelte Sage

• Gracie
    9 years ago

On my SW Whites and Lights brochure, there's 50 true whites, cooler whites, and warmer whites. Alabaster is a true white. I have Alabaster on my ceiling because I saw it recommended a few times as a soft white. Pure White and Extra White are listed as true whites. IIRC, Pure White was brighter than Alabaster.

Eider White is cool, with green undertones imo, Nacre is warm and looks a little green/gold, and Creamy looks like a pale cream--not grayed down, but not bright either. I don't have Incredible White--I cut a few off trying to pick a ceiling color.

• msrose
    Original Author
    9 years ago

bbstx - I googled SW 1095 and came up with it on myperfectcolor. I'm not sure why they list it, but SW doesn't. Maybe it's discontinued? Svelte Sage looks really pretty. I want to go by SW and pick up some samples to compare to the one I have.

May_flowers - Whites are so tough! The samples are on a bright white background, so that may be why Alabaster looks yellow.

This post was edited by msrose on Sat, Sep 20, 14 at 11:27

• bbstx
    9 years ago

It may have been discontinued, but I've only been in my house 6 months. Who knows. Paint is a mystery to me. To choose the interior trim, I asked the cabinet guys what they usually used for off-white cabinets. They told me SW 1095. So I had the cabinets and the interior trim all painted that color.

To choose the paint for my exterior trim, I stood in the driveway with the construction supervisor and pointed to 3 other houses and told him to get me something in between those.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

OH, WOW! You've got houses to look at? Get in that car and get going. I don't think you can find a better way to really see what a color is going to look like. Of course, you'll need to account for fading and different surroundings, but still seeing a house the color you want is great!

• msrose
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, they don't list which house has what color, so I would have to drive around to each house until I see a color I like and then they could look it up to tell me the color.

I went to SW and they said they can still mix 1095, but they don't have a sample card, because it's a really old color.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

See if they will mix you a sample quart. $5, I think.

You don't really have to know the name of the color you are looking at. If you like it, and if it is what your are wanting, then the name doesn't matter. Keep notes and photos of what you see to help jog your memory. Go!

• patricianat
    9 years ago

I love the color Sawdust by SW. It does not look the same in situ as it does on the card. It looks almost brown on the sample card but in situ it is a really rich sage green.

Sponsored
All American Painting Plus
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars114 Reviews
Loudoun County Paint & Wall Coverings Professional: Best of Houzz