Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

quick - how many lights over pedestal?

User
9 years ago

Revamping powder room which is 3 by 7.
Previously had smaller pedestal with frameless (BUILDER) mirror 22 inches wide by about 39 high with a horrid BUILDER light fixture that was 15' and had 3 bulbs.
Replacing with Kohler memoirs Pedestal 24'.
Trying desperately to find oval mirror and vanity light.
I think I have found 2 potential oval mirrors, about 22 by 33.
I think I actually like this from home depot but cannot decide 2 or 3 light.
The 2 light is 15 ' and the 3 light is 20'

Here is a link that might be useful: LAMPORT

Here is a link that might be useful: m post

Comments (6)

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

When I was looking, I found several oval mirrors, but also had trouble with lights. I finally settled on a four light bar that matched the widest part of the mirror. The biggest factor for me was that the bathroom had no window and needed all the light it could get.

Here is a link that might be useful: oval mirrors

• maddie260
    9 years ago

I have a Kohler memoir pedestal with a frameless oval mirror hung above that I bought at Pottery Barn. They have one now that can be hung horizontally that may work for you.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Appreciate the feedback. As you might recognize from my prior posts, I tend to over analyze and research a bit. (Actually, more than a bit.)... I do like the idea of oval mirrors and actually seized the moment and bought one I like at TJMaxx - the only thing is that although it looks really nice in my opinion----it is that material that is very light weight that looks like plaster or wood but is fake. So not sure. I am still kind of looking and rectangle could work as well.
    On the baths thread someone did reply saying 2 was sufficient. I am thinking that it seems fine with what I have now which is 3 of those globe lights which is 120 (3 times 40). I think as far as lighting goes, 2 times 60 watts should be totally fine. I just cant decide on scale and if it 2 would look skimpy or 3 would look too large.
    The mirror/pedestal etc is opposite the toilet on the 3 foot wide wall.... would a 20 or 24 inch vanity light be too large? is 15 to 18 better or skimpy?
    I really like the lamport light at home depot(its online only) but haven't decided 100 percent on that. So that is why I am also asking about size for that. thanks

• Jules
    9 years ago

I prefer the look of two light fixtures over a pedestal sink.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you guys-- I am now at work and just ordered the 2 light vanity fixture.
    :)