Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photoshop help for exterior please?

Posted by pipdog (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 18:02

I've been trying to mock up different paint colors on our exterior, but my renditions are terrible. I'm hoping someone here can help out. Please? :)

We're considering BM Woodlawn Blue for the front door. For the exterior, either BM White Dove (if we decide to stay white) or BM Light Pewter (a very soft gray) for the rest of the house. If we do white for the house, we want the shutters to be a light/medium gray. If we do gray for the house, we want the shutters and trim around the octagonal window to be darker gray.

My biggest concern with the light gray is that it will be too much gray since the shake roof and driveway are big expanses of gray.

Here's the house:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks,
pip

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photoshop help for exterior please?

What a cute house! I just wanted to comment that we had painted our ranch style home recently with a light green/gray body and a darker trim. The body is SW Grassland and the trim is SW Connected Gray. I often think I should have used the darker color for the body. Maybe you can photoshop some colors before actually painting to be sure of your choices. The colors I used are on the color strip I've linked. Good luck!

On a side note, I have had two different people stop by to tell me they loved my colors and wanted to know the color names. That made me feel so good about my choices, but I still think the darker body would look better.

Here is a link that might be useful: SW Color Strip 24

o

thanks, tannatonk. I really like the colors you chose! Any chance you can post a pic of the exterior of your house?

o

Pipdog, I'll try to attach some pictures, but I have to say these colors don't photograph very well. I'm in Florida and its so dang bright here! Maybe that's why I wish I had gone with a darker body color. The Grassland looks so washed out during the day. It can be a real chameleon.

Well, I'm having trouble loading the pics. I'm using the iPad app for photobucket and the pictures uploaded to photobucket upside down. Let me do some more research on this. Doesn't seem to be a way to edit photos using that app. Ughhh...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here