Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorating buffet cabinet

Posted by mama22girls (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 17:55

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so excited to be a part of this group! I have a question about decorating my buffet cabinet. I received only 2 place settings of a very nice china for my wedding five years ago. We never use it. Should I decorate my cabinet with only 2 settings or sell it? Thanks in advance for any direction or advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorating buffet cabinet

Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself as I joined about this time last year. Question...do you plan to collect more of the pattern? If so, I would keep the two place settings, although I might not decorate with it. If not, I would sell it and buy something that I really like.

o

Another welcome! First, I would keep the place settings simply because they're wedding gifts. I'm sentimental about those things. I have some of my own wedding gifts in storage, but I can't part with them.

Do you have any other collections, something with color if there is glass on the cabinets?

o

Do you love them? If you do ,than you will enjoy looking at them purely as a decorative feature.
I understand oakleyok's sentiment, but I persoanlly don't get attached to something just because someone gave it to me. If you are the same, then by all means sell it or give it to someone who might enjoy collecting this pattern.

o

Believe it or not, I only got one set. I held on to it, and at one point started to sell it. I figured I wouldn't make much, and I enjoy the memories when I do run across it. So I'm glad I kept it now. If it's not worth a lot, I would keep it.

o

does it go with anything else you have, or the mood you want to create?

You can still use two place settings for romantic dinners a deux ...

o

i agree, if it's a pattern that you really like (that you picked out yourself?) i would keep them and display them along with glassware, etc. you might decide to pick up more pieces and have a more formal dinner party someday...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here