Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Design help needed

Posted by Kisty211 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 17:53

Please help. I have a small wonderful house, but I am at lost in floor plan layout. Please view these photos. How/what should I put one center of the room? It looks like a dance floor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Design help needed

A few other comments.....this is one large room. Kitchen/dining and then the space I am lamenting over. There is a "family room" /sun room just pat 3 sets do French doors. The space is approx 18 feet by 9 feet. This photo is from the sun room back to the front door.

o

Kisty, the easiest thing to do would be to move furniture away from the walls, more toward the center of the room. With such a large space, and if you have enough furniture, specifically tables/chairs, think about breaking it down into conversation areas.

A larger area rug may also help as it would make the spaces outside the rug narrower, giving the illusion of less/smaller floor space.

Could the pictures be lightened up a bit? It's hard to see what all you have in the space(s).

o

The photos are upside down on my screen...yours, too???

o

Upside down for me, too.

o

On my PC they're upside down, on the iPad it's not. Strange.

Kisty, it looks like the space should have a small eating area. Can you take brighter pictures of the room and neighboring rooms?

o

Sorry the dark upside down photos. The neighboring rooms are the dining room and kitchen. When you walkin the front door....should you see the back of a conversation area?

o

This photo from the back of the room looking to the front door.

o

Here's one:

o

Here's #2

o

It might cost a bit, but you could replace the countertop nearest the chairs with a countertop with a 10 - 12 inch overhang and put bar stools underneath. More eating space, and people sitting there could turn around & chat with the folks in the chairs....

o

It might cost a bit, but you could replace the countertop nearest the chairs with a countertop with a 10 - 12 inch overhang and put bar stools underneath. More eating space, and people sitting there could turn around & chat with the folks in the chairs....

o

Thanks, Awn. Kisty, your picture's are still upside down. Did you rotate them before they were posted?

You have an interesting and fun space to play with. If you keep the seating area against the wall, move the rug to the wall (or under the chairs) and set the chairs on top. That would define the space as a seating area and take away from the dance floor feel.

I would add a small coffee table too. Beautiful home!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here