Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

If anyone has used BM's Harmony could I get your thoughts

sis2two
9 years ago

Harmony is one of the thousands of paints I'm looking at and was wondering if any of you have used it. If you have, can you tell me how it looks on the wall. I know Benjamin Moore describes it as a pinky beige but the small sample that I've put up to the wall with white paper behind it doesn't look all that pinky. I don't want pinky beige just a warm beige with the least undertones. Googled pictures but there aren't many. Thanks,

Comments (6)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

just looked at the swatch of Harmony. No offense, but I think that is an ugly color. It looks like flesh to me.

Are you the one who had decided on Frappe? What happened?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I'm looking at BM Straw Hat for my living room. Check it out.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Tib, BM Straw Hat looks very similar to SW Naturel. I used Naturel in my kitchen, breakfast area and the stairway/foyer. It is pretty in every light. I think Straw Hat and Naturel have too much of a green undertone for Sis2.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

HK, If you look at Straw Hat and Naturel on windows next to each other, they don't look at al alike.

I'm going to try it, though, when I get around to painting my LR, because I think it doesn't have green undertones! Isn't that funny. If you look at the strip, it's in the tan/brown family. I think it looks like a perfect neutral beige, but of course, until a color is on the wall, who the heck knows, right?

• sis2two
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tibbrix- I loved Frappe but it was way too light , especially on the stairwell.
    Hollykay is correct about Straw Hat having green undertones. Because of living in the woods I already have a greenish light coming in that area so I am finding anything yellow or yellow green goes greenish. While I don't like reddish undertones, I am finding that I need a color to counter the greenish light. I'm also looking at Mushroom by Ellen Kennon that was suggested by Funcolors. I sure don't want to do any worse than the orangey beige I have currently.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Sis, does it have to be BM or Sherwin Williams?

Look at this color palette of C2 paints. Makes picking color easy because you can see the color spectrum. So, you can see the yellow/beiges that are nearer the red spectrum and farther away from the green.

For instance, check out Beehive or Sundown. Type the name in the box on the bottom right, and when the teeny box of the color appears in the upper left, click on it for a larger box of the color.

Here is a link that might be useful: c2 paint color palette