Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pip- wdyt of this mirror over our chest?

Posted by lauren0319 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 17:16

I am *still* on the hunt for the right mirror over our chest. WDYT?

It might be hard to tell, but the mirror is capiz shells.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

And some quick additional pics of the room so you can see what I'm working with.

Thoughts??? The look I'm going for is calm and sophisticated, with a hint of femininity to balance out the masculine furniture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pip- wdyt of this mirror over our chest?

I like your room. It's hard to tell (maybe it's just angle?) but I think that mirror might be too small for above the dresser?

o

It strikes me as awfully white given the rest of the room. Your bedding doesn't look white in the photos, although maybe it's just the pic?

o

Very pretty!!! :)

The mirror is lovely -- maybe consider adding a pretty tray under it? Perhaps a lamp too?

o

beeps- that's exactly my worry :(

The photo makes it look whiter than it actually is... but IRL they are white/cream capiz shells.
I believe this mirror (below) would be perfect but it's out of my price range!!!! It's $500+
The mirror I am currently "trying" is $129. I would like to keep it under $200.

Photobucket

o
Mirror from Overstock.

Here is a mirror from overstock that is more silver. I apologize for the awful pic of by bed- the lighting is awful for some reason!!

Photobucket

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Hera-Silver-Wall-Mirror/6541901/product.html

Better?

o
another overstock option

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Coeus-Silver-Plate-Wall-Mirror/6541903/product.html

Photobucket

Problem ordering online- I loath paying return shipping, so I want to feel confident in my purchase.

Below is an old link with better pictures of my room.

Here is a link that might be useful: old GW link

o

Why are you looking at round mirrors? I think an oval one would be so much better....stood narrow side up...off center over the chest. You have lots of symmetrical stuff going on in that room....a little off center would be a good thing.

o

Sorry if I may have confirmed your concern. I like the two you posted from O, but not sure either has the slightly feminine feel you are looking for. I kind of like the 2nd one, it's funky, but looks masculine to me - and sort of like a car part or a lock washer or something machine-like. I know what it reminds me of but can't pull the name of what it is out of my brain. :)

Have you checked out Simply Mirrors? You can search by style, size, shape, price.

Oh, and the $500 one is beautiful! :) Of course.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simply Mirrors

o

This one is interesting... crystal wall mirror. 23.5 x 31.5 and $180. The edge detail is pretty and you can zoom it on the site. Just a thought... :)

o

And funny Linda should say that... I said that in the last thread with the blingy mirror you wanted. Seems most people like symmetry, but good to know someone other than me likes a little well-placed asymmetry sometimes. =)

o

I think the round mirror looks out of place in your room of sharp corners. I know some might say that it breaks up the sharp corners, but I think the space is better suited to a rectangular or octagonal mirror.

o

I agree with k9arlene......a retangular mirror would suit the room better.

o

The bella mirror has curves and corners.
I usually have a 15% off coupon so that helps.

I have their bellesol mirror and think it would look nice as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: ballards bella mirror

o

I like the bella mirror for your chest. It has the lightness you want, without looking like a porthole, or being at odds with the style of your room.
I always prefer a vertical rectangle over a chest, anyway, and the curves at the top give you the softening you're looking for.

o

This one is also from the simply mirrors site -- also saw a rectangular one, but it was $1200. There must be a reasonable option in that shape too. This one is under $150.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here