Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

pip- wdyt of this mirror over our chest?

lauren0319
11 years ago

I am *still* on the hunt for the right mirror over our chest. WDYT?

It might be hard to tell, but the mirror is capiz shells.

And some quick additional pics of the room so you can see what I'm working with.

Thoughts??? The look I'm going for is calm and sophisticated, with a hint of femininity to balance out the masculine furniture.

Comments (15)

• lupins4
    11 years ago

I like your room. It's hard to tell (maybe it's just angle?) but I think that mirror might be too small for above the dresser?

• beeps
    11 years ago

It strikes me as awfully white given the rest of the room. Your bedding doesn't look white in the photos, although maybe it's just the pic?

• teacats
    11 years ago

Very pretty!!! :)

The mirror is lovely -- maybe consider adding a pretty tray under it? Perhaps a lamp too?

• lauren0319
    Original Author
    11 years ago

beeps- that's exactly my worry :(

The photo makes it look whiter than it actually is... but IRL they are white/cream capiz shells.
    I believe this mirror (below) would be perfect but it's out of my price range!!!! It's $500+
    The mirror I am currently "trying" is $129. I would like to keep it under $200.

• lauren0319
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a mirror from overstock that is more silver. I apologize for the awful pic of by bed- the lighting is awful for some reason!!

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Hera-Silver-Wall-Mirror/6541901/product.html

Better?

• lauren0319
    Original Author
    11 years ago

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Coeus-Silver-Plate-Wall-Mirror/6541903/product.html

Problem ordering online- I loath paying return shipping, so I want to feel confident in my purchase.

Below is an old link with better pictures of my room.

Here is a link that might be useful: old GW link

• lindac
    11 years ago

Why are you looking at round mirrors? I think an oval one would be so much better....stood narrow side up...off center over the chest. You have lots of symmetrical stuff going on in that room....a little off center would be a good thing.

• beeps
    11 years ago

Sorry if I may have confirmed your concern. I like the two you posted from O, but not sure either has the slightly feminine feel you are looking for. I kind of like the 2nd one, it's funky, but looks masculine to me - and sort of like a car part or a lock washer or something machine-like. I know what it reminds me of but can't pull the name of what it is out of my brain. :)

Have you checked out Simply Mirrors? You can search by style, size, shape, price.

Oh, and the $500 one is beautiful! :) Of course.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simply Mirrors

• beeps
    11 years ago

This one is interesting... crystal wall mirror. 23.5 x 31.5 and $180. The edge detail is pretty and you can zoom it on the site. Just a thought... :)

• beeps
    11 years ago

And funny Linda should say that... I said that in the last thread with the blingy mirror you wanted. Seems most people like symmetry, but good to know someone other than me likes a little well-placed asymmetry sometimes. =)

• k9arlene
    11 years ago

I think the round mirror looks out of place in your room of sharp corners. I know some might say that it breaks up the sharp corners, but I think the space is better suited to a rectangular or octagonal mirror.

• erinsean
    11 years ago

I agree with k9arlene......a retangular mirror would suit the room better.

• mellyc123
    11 years ago

The bella mirror has curves and corners.
    I usually have a 15% off coupon so that helps.

I have their bellesol mirror and think it would look nice as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: ballards bella mirror

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

I like the bella mirror for your chest. It has the lightness you want, without looking like a porthole, or being at odds with the style of your room.
    I always prefer a vertical rectangle over a chest, anyway, and the curves at the top give you the softening you're looking for.

• lascatx
    11 years ago

This one is also from the simply mirrors site -- also saw a rectangular one, but it was $1200. There must be a reasonable option in that shape too. This one is under $150.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus