Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akl_vdb

Will this duvet cover go with these drapes?

akl_vdb
9 years ago

Looking at a duvet cover for our bedroom. Was thinking of a linen like oatmeal colour, simple. Was looking at BB &B and saw this. I like the Kenneth Cole as it's wide and I have an oversized duvet (108x98 and the cover is 110x96).

Do you think there is too much pattern and will it compete with the drapes?

Here is a link that might be useful: duvet cover

This post was edited by aklvdb on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 17:02

Comments (18)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

It's very pretty, but I'm not sure I like the two together. The pattern on the duvet cover is sort of has an Asian vibe (is that bamboo?), which doesn't go well with your curtains.

I, however, am definitely no expert!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Sorry, I don't think it goes at all. I see a lot of white in the drapes, not so much oatmeal.

• rhomy
    9 years ago

here they are together...

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the honest opinions. And thanks to rhomy for showing me the error of my ways! It doesn't go. That saved me a return!

And maybe not oatmeal, the drapes are a creamy white, so stark white is too while, so maybe more of a creamy white would go.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

There seems to be a pale blue gray in the drapes that would work with the walls and fabric too. Or the more yellow-green in the drapes, maybe mixed with the white.

Here is a link that might be useful: bedding

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I actually like the two together better after seeing rhomy's rendition. Shows you what I know!

Keep looking, aklvdb. I think you are on the right track in wanting something in the gold/mustard color. I think it makes a nice contrast with the blue wall :)

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions AnnieDeighnaugh- maybe I'll try to pull out the mustard/gold colour from the drapes. I do want contrast from the blue walls.

Errant- I don't know what I'm doing either! I try, but just don't have that flair.

And we have this gorgeous pine walnut coloured headboard that I love with the drapes.

• isabel98
    9 years ago

texture would be better than pattern I think. find something woven or quilted in the background color of drapes and then add interest with pillows; maybe just one small decorative pillow.

• User
    9 years ago

I really like the first bedding with the curtains---- they are different but complimentary patterns and the color looks great with the curtains and wall. (IMO the second set is too much like the wall.). I think it's worth the trip just to try it.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I would go with the gold color from the drapes....if you don't find the right one you can always do a white/off white duvet with gold pillows and throw.

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! kswl- the second pic was just highlighting the headboard, that was yet another duvet cover that got returned - it was quite green (and it was before curtains!)

Now you're tempting me to order the set :), it's quite reasonable.

thanks joaniepoanie, that's a good point too, to accessorize!

• pps7
    9 years ago

I love, love, love those room- the window treatments, the wall color and the headboard.

I'm not very good at mixing patterns so I stick to one stripe, one geometric and one floral. Since you already have a floral I would do another one. I would try for a strip or geometric print that pulls the chartreuse color.

How about something like this:

• pps7
    9 years ago

Or this:

• pps7
    9 years ago

Or this :

• rhomy
    9 years ago

akldvb - I wasn't trying to say yea or nay, just to give the GWers a look at the two together. I have simple tastes and these fine people have more fashion sense. Actually I like the golden oatmeal tone on the bed.

Here is the gray suggestion by AnnieD. And sorry but gray isn't my cup of tea. But it does give the elegance that AnnieD would suggest.

I do like the gray pattern by pps7.

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again rhomy!- I decided on my own I didn't think the pattern went together. But then I rethink with other's opinions!

I like the idea of pps7, as I have a floral to go with something different, but simple. I like the white and chartreuse cover. And thanks for the compliments! We are also loving the look. We had the headboard made and can't say enough good things about it, it's made so well!

The gray does look nice, I don't know if it speaks to me though :) but a great option!

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

Is this too much pattern?

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Karenseb- wow that room looks gorgeous! Love it. From the randomly placed pics to the flower sticking out of that white vase. I think it might be a bit much with the pattern, but I love the colours! Thanks!