|Does anyone know where I can find a drapery rod that is 1.75" diameter, oil rubbed bronze metal, 144" in length. The only one I can find is through Restoration Hardware and it's $700 for two windows. I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative. Lowes has the above in wood, but I'm wanting metal for a more modern look. Thanks!!!|
|Ran a search for you and the only thing I came up with was metal shower rods. These would work by buying two for each window and using the smaller rod to extend in middle. You would have to buy the supports and decorative ends, but they wouldn't add much to the price. They came up a lot and plenty of choices. Of course Amazon was the best selection. |
If anyone is a DIY, any metal rod from a big box store can be used for one. Then spray painted with ORB and a good clear coat. Not sure how long rubbing would last for the paint.
Link is for a metal orb one.
Here is a link that might be useful: Metal Rod
|I bought a long rod like you want from J C Penneys. Went to Lowes and got an extender, which fit in the center of the rod. _________........________. Sort of like that with the line being the rod and the dots the extender. The rod I bought had three supports it works beautifully. Not sure of the cost but I don't believe it was $75.00.|
|Could you buy the wooden rod from Lowes and paint it with an ORB spray paint? |
|(Sorry! Attack of the Giant Can!)|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here