Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutplants

Me again, rug help

nutsaboutplants
9 years ago

Sorry, lots of decisions to make before tomorrow when the movers come. There are a few areas in the house I'd need rugs. Since our current house is not yet ready to be sold, I've bought some inexpensive rugs for the interim. The areas are dining room, living room, keeping room and breakfast area.

Here is one of the rugs I'm trying out in the dining room. Yes? No? Different spot? I'm posting pictures of other rugs and some of the current furniture that will go in those spaces. Thanks for your help!

Comments (12)

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Trying this out in the living room. Ok here? Move someplace else?

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is an older, slightly larger rug (10x14). Is this a better choice for the living room than what I'm trying out in that space?

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here us the sofa in the current house that will go in the living room.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Two chairs that will also go in the living room

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

These will go in the dining room

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

I personally love the first rug and third rug. The first is the fave.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Third rug in the DR; first in the LR.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks raven and tibbrix. Tibbrix, the third rug is too big for the dining area (10x14). Have any suggestions given the size?

• User
    9 years ago

Why aren't you using your good rugs from the old house in your new house ? Let the inexpensive new ones sell the old house.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kswl, if you remember the thread about the reason why we are moving, we have too much stuff in the current house. We're only moving the essential things to set up house at the new place. Then we'll have to sort though things and get rid of things in the current house. A lot has to be cleared before we can unearth the rugs. (By the way, the rugs we have are a little better than what I bought last week, but they aren't heirloom or antique. Far from that, except one rug, which is too small for the areas I need rugs for.) Good question though!

• User
    9 years ago

Did you take those photographs at your current (I'll call it "old house" ) house recently? I am only asking because they look like they just have furniture on them that needs to be moved. And regardless of the relative cost of the two sets of rugs, do you plan to move the rugs from the old house into the new one once the old house is on the market?

If your plan is to sell the better (if only slightly) rugs in the old house once you've cleaned it out, I understand, but if you plan to use those in the new house at some point I wouldn't buy anything new to decorate around. You will be duplicating a LOT of work and possibly having to change things like artwork from one room to another once you change back to the old rugs. I think I would live without rugs for several months!

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kswl, you make a very good point. I may in fact not buy new rugs for now. Thanks.