Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutplants

Please vote - which mirror for foyer?

nutsaboutplants
9 years ago

I need all the help I can get from this kind and talented group. Can you please vote on the mirror for the foyer? My current foyer mirror has a different vibe. Here is what is my current house. Two other options will follow, and then the picture of the foyer in the new house. TIA!

Comments (22)

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

#2. Here is the mirror the previous owner had in the foyer. The picture shows it sideways because it is leaning on the garage wall sideways.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

#3 this doesn't seem right as it is more of a mantle mirror. But I do have it and would rather use one of the three I have rather than buy another one.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is the spot where the mirror would go. Feedback please?

• bridget helm
    9 years ago

I like the first one or the second. Is the first one an antique? If it isn't, then I like the second one.

Of course, putting each one in the room will help you make up your mind. Maybe one looks better on the wall or with the furniture you are pairing it with etc

• rhomy
    9 years ago

Without knowing other furnishings, I think the first mirror picks up on the column that you have in the house. The second look contemporary, not fond of the 3rd personally.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Definitely the first one.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks bmh, rhomy and tibbrix. No. 1 is my favorite too. It is very big and heavy. Yes it's an antique. Didn't know if it "went" in the new house because if the style.

• rgps
    9 years ago

The first one is wonderful!

• User
    9 years ago

The first one has an awful lot going on with the columns and elephant heads... I think I like the third one the best.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

#1 for me too

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Yayagal, RPGs and kswl. Kswl, does the third mirror look too small for that area? I don't know why I think it doesn't look good anywhere except a mantle. But I do see what you say about the first one, it is elaborate and has a lot of details. I'm going to try the first one and see. If that doesn't work, I may be in the lookout for a mirror for that spot.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

ONly the first one has the stature needed for that area, IMO. And it seems to me to fit better in that foyer than your current one! Lol.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tibbrix, glad to hear that. I'm partial to that one too because it is very different.

• User
    9 years ago

I would try them all, nutsaboutplants, as sometimes things can surprise you by looking a lot better or worse than you envisioned. If you plan on using blue anywhere in the room, the third mirror would be lovely.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kswl, you make a good point. The third mirror has something going for it in that it's consistent with the style of the house. I'll definitely try that before I make a decision. Thanks for the sound advice to keep an open mind. I try to remember it but often forget. Will report back!
    Can someone try to photoshop the three, pretty please?

• selcier
    9 years ago

Good lord - I love both #1 and #3! But, I agree with a previous poster about the columns in #1 picking up the columns in the room nicely.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I love the first vignette and would be tempted to replicate it.
    The PO's mirror is a yawn.
    The last mirror is unlike anything ive seen before and I love it!

• amykath
    9 years ago

My first inclination was towards the last mirror you posted. I cannot seem to imagine the second. Here is my attempt to edit them into the photo.

• amykath
    9 years ago

Number 3

• amykath
    9 years ago

Well, looking at the photo edit I might like the simplicity of this one. They all would look great! Sorry these are so rough. I hope it helps a bit.

• nutsaboutplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mtn, thank you for the comment about the vignette. I'm so lacking in decorating skills, and that's the only spot in my house where I felt I had something interesting going on.

Selcier, I feel torn between 1 and 3 too. I like the first one by itself,but I like the third with the other elements in the house like the chandelier there. The first one seems to clash in style with the house or at least that spot.

Atkillery, how kind of you to edit the two options into the picture!

After seeing atkillery's images, does anyone change their vote?

This post was edited by nutsaboutplants on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 22:04

• User
    9 years ago

The wood tones of the third mirror looks very nice with the newly refinished floors. Your furnishings will play a part in the decision also. You're very fortunate to have more than one interesting choice.