Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mldao

OMG, My rooms are finally painted! Pics

mldao
15 years ago

I owe a huge thank you to all of you and there were many who helped me along the way. This forum has been so kind, helpful and above all else patient. The paint in my PR is still wet but I'm just so excited to move past paint. Now onto decorating, I think I'm going to need a lot more Excedrin before I start.

DD(16) BM Palladian Blue

DD(10) Dunn Edwards Coy (similar to BM Pink Bliss)

Jack-N-Jill Bathroom BM Gossamer Blue

DS Bedroom Dunn Edwards Gray Wolf (similar to BM Sweatshirt Gray)

DS Bathroom Dunn Edwards Sparkling Frost (similar to BM Beacon Gray)

Powder Room BM Hancock Gray

Once again thank you all!

Comments (24)

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Nice.

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Well done! ALL the rooms look great! I especially like your DS gray room. Great compliment to the bedding. Thanks for following up and showing us the finished product.

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

I love all of the colors you choose. They look so crisp and clean with your lovely trim. A job well done!

• squirrelheaven
    15 years ago

Wow, those are just beautiful! Doesn't even look like the swatches. The Palladian Blue looks very fresh here and was rather muddy in the swatch. The paint jobs look so perfect and beautiful. DS's actually looks like a virtual, lol!

Lucky you. Great selections and paint work!

• teacats
    15 years ago

Every room looks wonderful -- excellent selection!

Well done!

Jan

• kbmas0n
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I love your choices!

• paint_chips
    15 years ago

Great job!

Your son's room is fabulous. After seeing yours, I may consider painting my husband's office grey. It look so sophistocated.

And that pink is so precious!

• denali2007
    15 years ago

Love the colors as I am painting one bedroom gossamer blue and the other Palladian blue. What colo di you paint the ceilings?I used Gossamer blue in the PR and painted the ceiling 2 colors up. Can't remember the names. I love the Grey also.

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Nice colors you choose. I love the palladian blue.

• amysrq
    15 years ago

They all look great!

I particularly love the gray you picked for your son's room.

Whew! That's done! Congrats!

• User
    15 years ago

Those colors are really pretty! I love the grey it's a refreshing neutral! Very calming! Well done!

• juddgirl2
    15 years ago

Very nice! I especially like the Palladian Blue.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

very pretty colors

• mldao
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments.

denali: I owe you a huge thank you. After seeing your sample board and BR I bought the Gossamer Blue, Wedgewood Gray and Seafoam. My neighbor's daughter came over and now wants her bedroom and bathroom the same color as my DD. I really like the Seafoam for the ceiling but it wasn't part of my original quote so they didn't have time to do them. They're coming back in November to paint my kitchen so they'll do the ceilings then. Their current color is white shadow by Frazee.

kmcg85: Thanks for steering me and my son in the right direction with the grays. IRL DS's bedroom doesn't look as gray, it's has more blue in it. I loved how his room and bathroom turned out.

les917: If you read this I want to thank you for the silver accessories suggestions for my girls bathroom. I purchased a few items earlier today and I think it's going to look fabulous. They both agreed silver accessories would look perfect in their bathroom.

To everyone else thank you all for steering me away from the blue/grays for my PR. I'm changing the faucet to ORB and I'll post pics once it's completed.

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

Very nice color choices! There's nothing like fresh paint and crisp trim.

• ttodd
    15 years ago

Wonderful color choices! Looks great!

• mpmg46
    15 years ago

OMG! One room is more beautiful than the next!!

May I ask where you purchased your son's bedding set?

• parma42
    15 years ago

Way to go!

I know you were getting pretty stressed out. Aren't you happy it's finally over and looks so great?

• lorriekay
    15 years ago

Very Nice!!
    My fav? the Gossamer Blue.. Next the Palladian Blue..
    all your rooms are pretty!

• cooperbailey
    15 years ago

I had no input into the paint colors but wanted to say they are all lovely. I may try some out myself!

• mldao
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mpmg46: The quilt and shams are by Nautica and I purchased them last year from Home Goods. The bedskirt is by Pottery Barn and he's had that for 10 years.

Elaine: I totally remember you from the other post. I loved how DS's room turned out. It's has a lot more blue in it IRL. I'm also trying to decide what color to add for an accent on his bed to break up the gray and blue. I can't wait to see your rooms when you're done.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

I just love both blue rooms you have with the beautiful white trim. What white did you choose that goes so well and really looks great?

Jack-N-Jill Bathroom BM Gossamer Blue is beautiful! I would love to see the rest of the bathroom. I love the color so much and the crown molding and trim.

I also adore the BM Palladian Blue which on my monitor looks like a a mellow soft green-blue with a touch of gray in the formula.

Thanks for sharing.

• laurience
    15 years ago

Congrats!! It must feel wonderful... I am jealous and very anxious to see some color on these white walls.

I love the colors that you picked, how refreshing, enjoy!!

Joanne