Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eam4094

what to do with short, off-center windows -- HELP

eam4094
11 years ago

My bedroom wall is wide enough to accommodate a full size bed and two night stands (117 inches). The window on that wall is significantly off-center; the window frame is 38 inches from the wall on the left and 9.75 inches from the wall on the right. The window is short (30 inches tall) and set close to the ceiling (11.5 inches down). If I hang the curtains or drapes so that the window appears to be in the center of the wall, only about 24 inches of the window shows and I think that will look skimpy, right? I have read on this forum about putting long drapes on either side of short windows then using a woven shade over the window. It is a nice look, but I think in my case, the window opening is just too small. One solution is to make the drape go all the way across the wall. I was also thinking about using a sheer over the opening (instead of a woven shade). Would this make the opening look less skimpy? I guess I will have to line the drapes to prevent the light from shining through the part of the window that is covered. Bummer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments (4)