Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
selcier

Fun stuff!

selcier
9 years ago

I just wanted to post something light-hearted :)

Two Limited Edition Hitchcock chairs I got at a antique flea market this past weekend. I had been researching these (in black) as possible dining room chairs and they were in the first booth!! I was bouncing with excitement. And, they were a complete steal. Now, where to put them....

The current set up in our entry. The dresser is one piece of seven I got for $250 from Craigslist. Love them! The two night stands have been re-done and are currently in the guest room. I'm not sure what will happen to this piece. The yellow and teal are a bit much even for me - its even more vibrant in person. But DH says he is liking the color combo.

And here is my current project (unemployment can do this...) Its based off of a 1820 French wallpaper "Monuments of Paris" (more info in the link). There is clearly a lot to go, but I'm getting there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monuments of Paris

Comments (15)

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

Very cool!!!

• Oakley
    9 years ago

I love the yellow and blue! It's fresh and cheery. Is there room to put a chair on each side of the dresser?

• rgps
    9 years ago

I love those chairs and your wall painting. I love when people do such creative stuff to their homes. Those blue and white chairs are pretty nifty too.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Your house is going to be wonderful. If you ever get tired of those chairs, let me know. I have the perfect place for them.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Great chairs and a great find. Love what you are painting. I couldn't begin to do that!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Fun stuff indeed. I love the Hitchcock chairs. DD and I both are obsessed with chairs and there is no shortage of them in either of our homes. I would certainly find room for two as beautiful as yours.

The dresser looks great with the blue. I love the color combination.

You are so talented to undertake a mural on your wall. I love them but am not talented enough to even begin such an immense project. I can't wait to see it completed!

• roarah
    9 years ago

Wow very talented! I can not wait to see more!

• aputernut
    9 years ago

I have almost the same dresser, which I bought for my guest room about 30 yrs. ago, and yes it was gaudy yellow, I only have triple dresser, chest, and headboard, my headboard has wicker caning, had no space for nightstands. I have since repainted, white with mauve accents, and I like my drawer pulls better (sorry) Still in my guest suite diff home, would have space for nightstands now, but not needed, really.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Wow! You are so talented. I look forward to seeing more of this project. Some unexpected color combos that I like!!

• nutsaboutplants
    9 years ago

Wow! How fun and creative!

• selcier
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! I hope the mural comes out good too. I guess we'll see!

Aputernut: I like your pulls better too! Those bamboo (but really metal) ones came with every piece in the set. I changed the ones on the two night stands I redid. But I think your pieces are probably much better quality than mine. :0

• patricianat
    9 years ago

I understand about the Hitchcock chairs and if you decide you don't want them, please let me know and I can find a place you will never have to see them again! ;-)

You have really fun and great taste!

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

Love those chairs!!!! Your mural too.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Selcier, love.your chest! (And your pulls are far more in keeping with the style of the furniture and probably better quality than any replacements--- keep them!)

Amazed at the energy and talent you have to do the wall mural!

If that wall is teal blue I am not going to check GW on this ipad any longer.......I'm seeing it as a very clear cornflower blue.

• selcier
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Okay, I miss-spoke: the wall isn't teal. It's more of a not-so-bright turquoise. Not quite as dull as cornflower blue. Perhaps it looks different next to that yellow! But unfortunately, there is no room on either side for the chairs. That dresser really is way too big for the entry.