Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kcorn

Do these chairs and table go together?

kcorn
9 years ago

We have a sitting room off the dining room that we will use mostly for entertaining. I would like to have four chairs with a coffee table in the center. DH and I found some chairs and a table we like but I want to make sure the pattern in the chairs isn't competing too much with the coffee table style. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Comments (19)

• kcorn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here is the table.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I think they're PERFECT!

• Jules
    9 years ago

I really like the combination and think they complement each other well. Beautiful pattern on those chairs!

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

I like it!

They both have ovals, but it's not a slavish duplication

• finallyhome
    9 years ago

I really like it.

• louislinus
    9 years ago

I think it's great! Tell me more about that table. I lurve it.

• rmsaustin
    9 years ago

It might be the angle of the photo, but is the pattern of the fabric centered on the seat and back cushion or is it just slightly off center (toward the left of the chair as you look at it)?

Like the chairs and like the table.

• bridget helm
    9 years ago

I think they look great together, but now I'm ocd-ing over the fabric not being centered

• nutsaboutplants
    9 years ago

I think they do mimic each other without being deliberate or matchy matchy.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I was about to type what Nutsabout plants just said.

not to mention I love four chairs and a coffee table or Ottoman as a sitting area it's so nice for company after dinner

• patricianat
    9 years ago

very nice choices.

• amykath
    9 years ago

Wow! So lovely. Can't wit to see your completed room photos. That coffee table is gorgeous!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

Love it! Fantastic.

Looks like the angle of the photo is making the chair pattern look off-center to some. If you look at where the pattern ends, on the left side, it rounds off a bit. Accounting for the round, it likely ends the same as the right side. Totally a guess, but it would be logical? Right?

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I've been debating whether to say anything but here goes -

MMMM I guess I'll be the dissenter. I really like the chairs and the table is ok. What I don't like is that the ovals of the table and that on the chairs appear to be the same size. When I look at the chair all I see is each individual oval. I also only see grey between the fabric and the silvery grey metal of the table- now that may not be a fair observation because we're seeing them separate from the room itself. Again without seeing where these pieces will go I also think that the table is just too lightweight for the chairs.

I think you can do better with the table.

But, not my room.

• mclarke
    9 years ago

I like them both, but I'll echo what RMSAustin said: It seems like the pattern is not centered on the chair.

Is this by any chance an off-price, or second-hand store? I'm thinking the original upholsterer made a mistake.

• deeinohio
    9 years ago

I agree with the others regarding the pattern mismatch. If this is an example of what is on display, which should be their best work, I would worry about 4 of these chairs in 4 different mismatches clustered in a group. I would either do a solid with patterned pillows, or look to a different manufacturer.

I do like the two together, though.

• kcorn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for your feedback! I had to go back and look at the floor model to see how the fabric was aligned and it just looked weird based on the angle I took the picture. Everything was centered. I also inquired whether the centering of the fabric could be a problem (especially when ordering 4 chairs), and I was assured if they were off center, I could have them replaced.

Re: the table, it's the Bernhardt Nevelson table.

One other question about this space. I am thinking I would like to have a long, narrow console table against the long wall with pictures above (see inspiration pic here). Do you think I could pair an all wood console table with these chairs and coffee table?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Yes. Wood goes with everything.

• deeinohio
    9 years ago

I agree with Tibbrix. A metal console would just be overkill, IMO, and the wood adds some warmth, and an additional texture.

Also, regarding the pattern placement, the seat cushion bothered me more than the centering or lack of centering on the back. Make sure you let them know you expect a pattern match between the seat and the chair, where the two meet at the bottom, in addition to the back pattern centered. Also, write that into your contract, since it's obvious the floor sample is not.

It's going to be a great looking room!

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!