Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
6 panel or 2 panel arch top for door between garage and house?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 15:12

I am going to have my door between garage and house changed. I am hesitating on 6 panel or 2 panel, and woodgrain textured or smooth surface. I don't know which would look better.

Other doors would be changed later. But I need to buy this garage-to-house door first, since we just bought the house, and want to have all the locks re-keyed to the same key.

Fire-rated doors

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 6 panel or 2 panel arch top for door between garage and house

What style is your house? What style are your furnishings? Are you asking about a 6-panel straight top vs. a 2-panel arch top, or are both arch tops?

Whatever you choose should be the same as the others you will be installing later.

Go with a smooth texture for interior doors. unless you are going for a rustic look.

o

What style is your house? What style are your furnishings? Are you asking about a 6-panel straight top vs. a 2-panel arch top, or are both arch tops?

Whatever you choose should be the same as the others you will be installing later.

Go with a smooth texture for interior doors. unless you are going for a rustic look.

o

Chibimimi, thank you very much.

The house is ranch style built in the 70s in the bay area of CA. Furniture is contemporary style. I am hesitating on 6- panel straight top, or 2-panel arch top (with or without vertical grooves).

o

Unless you are planning a Mediterranean or French style overall, avoid the curved-top door. The six-panel doors are quite traditional, if that's your aim. But if you're hoping for a more contemporary/craftsman/casual look,what about a one- or two-panel straight-top door? These go with a wide range of styles.

o

Thank you very much, Chibimimi. The 2 panel arch top looks like this.
2 panel arch top door

o

If your style is contemporary, I would go with the door in the middle of the page you just linked-the Rockport model. It is the only one of those that is not traditional or French/mediterranean as Chibimimi mentioned. Seems that it would fit with a contemporary ranch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here