Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 15:00
|I plan to sew a slipcover for my family room sofa. I like the look of the Pottery Barn slips. Brushed canvas, canvas twill seem to be the typical fabric. I am concerned about wrinkles-they kind of make me crazy. What have you used for slipcovers? Are they holding up?|
|I used cotton duck. I think twill would wrinkle less. When you wash it only let it dry until slightly damp and then put is back on. I found that the wrinkles come out by themselves using this method.|
|I had chairs slipcovered in a matelasse - I found king bedspreads on sale on line and the price per yard came out to be a real bargain. The fabric is not 100% cotton - don't remember percentages exactly but it's a cotton poly blend and I think that helps it not wrinkle and retain shape very well.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.