Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrroarke

Granite Color for Bathroom Vanity

mrroarke
9 years ago

I would love some suggestions on the type/color of granite to choose for our bathroom vanity top. I really do not know what to choose. I dont have a picture of the almost finished bathroom yet but here is what we are doing.

Shower Walls- White tiles (non glossy)

Bathroom Floor - Grey with slight blue lines (Porcelanosa Silk Verde Tile)

Bathroom Walls - BM Breath of Fresh Air (Light Blue)

Tub and Toilet are both a gloss white (Cotton White)

Vanity - white w/ undermount white sink.

No idea what to do with the Vanity top. Maybe a blue/white or a grey/white. The bathroom is just a hallway bath shared by my sons and guest room. I was thinking a really bright/electric blue just to have some fun.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (7)

• badgergal
    9 years ago

I realize you asked for a granite color but you might want to look into quartz. If your vanity is not too big you might be able to get a remnant of quartz from a fabricator. That is what my daughter did and the price was reasonable.

Maybe something like Cambria's Waterford would work for your bathroom.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

I'd stay away from anything too solid looking, or too dark in the bathroom. Toothpaste, powder, make-up, will all show easier.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Yes, a remnant of granite or quartz. I think I would try to match the gray in the floor....and if you can find something with a little blue in it that would look nice. I like newhomebuilders Cambria pick above.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

No dark colors. Don't ask me why. I have no time to answer. I am busy scrubbing toothpaste from Blue Pearl and Absolute Black

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Will you be staying in this house for a long time? Are you fairly certain you'll be sticking with the same colors in this bath? If so, then a little bit of blue such as in the Cambria would be fine IMO. If not, then think of re-sale or changing preferences in 5-7 years and what you might want to do with another paint color or overall paint scheme. The more neutral the granite the more flexibility you will have overall to make changes.

• badgergal
    9 years ago

Patricia, wouldn't you be just as busy scrubbing toothpaste from any color countertop?
    I think the advantage to a darker counter is the fact that toothpaste, make up and powder etc. will show up, making it easier to see where it needs to be cleaned. With a darker countertop you cant use the excuse "out of sight is out of mind". Your bathroom will end up being cleaner.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Boo... who wants to clean the counter tops everyday? A little toothpaste and make-up never hurt anything. LOL I personally like "out of sight, out of mind" for a few days before cleaning day. ;) Of course, if it's a big mess, I clean it off.

joanieponie - It was NOT me that suggested the Cambria.

I have a lighter travertine that I love. My face powder blends in.