Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tansunny_gw

need urgent help with paint colors

tansunny
11 years ago

I am going to list my home as a rental. Currently two rooms have kinda wacky paint colors. Looking to go neutralish. Its a 1950's ranch.

1) 5x8 bathroom. Very simple..small window, toilet, bathtub, tiny vanity. Original 1950's turquoise/teal tile on the floor and halfway up the wall. Original vanity with a light grey counter.

Currently is painted with teal and blue vertical stripes. I don't think this helps it much. I was thinking of a "sand" color, but I think the counter top throws that off. Soo..like a dove grey??

2) kitchen. like 10 x 10. not a lot of natural light. One rather large wall. The "kitchen" is connected to the landing which has stairs and a TINY bathroom associated. They share the same flooring and for purposes of paint, I think it would be best to have the same color in the kitchen and down the stairs minimum....The floor is a light grey linoleuom. The counters are a light/medium grey Formica. The cabinets are oak (no time to paint these)....I am thinking that of a some sort of greyish beige or taupe??? I could do white, but honestly, one wall is already stark white and it feels like a hospital to me. (Some of the smaller walls are Easter egg blue which was a horrible experiment).

Any specific color suggestions? Looking at Benjamin Moore, Behr, & Sherwin Williams.

Comment (1)