Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ratherbesewing

Jazzing up a duvet cover-need ideas

ratherbesewing
9 years ago

I have been looking for a solid white duvet cover with a coordinating trim for awhile and am not willing to spend the hefty Pottery Barn price!I have included the link so you have the look I am going for. So, I could either sew the duvet or purchase a sold white one (still to be determined) and then add my own trim. While grosgrain would look nice, I don't think it will survive a run thru the washing machine (will not even consider dry cleaning). So,any ideas??

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn

Comments (10)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

What size?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Duplicate

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Sun, Sep 21, 14 at 14:38

• nancyocean
    9 years ago

Another option is to try ebay, they have the complete king set with pillow covers for $199.00 or best offer and it's new.

Here is a link that might be useful: Morgan 400-Thread-Count Duvet Cover & Sham

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Buy an IKEA duvet cover and fuse and then sew the grosgrain ribbon on.

Here is a link that might be useful: PB inspired duvet cover

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

kitchenlover, that is what I was getting at as well, which is why I asked about the size. ebay has the PB Morgan duvet.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Grosgrain is washable if it is polyester...

• ratherbesewing
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nosoccermom: thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

If you are going to sew ribbon on yourself, it will be a lot easier to sew it onto a flat sheet or fabric then sew top and bottom together rather than a purchased cover.

• nancyocean
    9 years ago

Tibbrix, yeah, I always check out ebay for Pottery barn items, you can really get lucky sometimes.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Did you check Overstock? I saw a few white w/ colored borders there when I was looking.