Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Source for Fitted Card Table Cover, Inverted Pleated Corners??

User
9 years ago

SOS to Gardenwebbers:

I need a fitted Roman style tablecloth for a card table, the kind with inverted pleats at corners, for a friend's birthday party on the 14th. There isn't time to have one made, and my usual internet sources haven't turned up anything except an industrial looking cover with slits all the way up the four corners :-(

The birthday person's significant other called some friends--who I had not invited--- to see if they were attending, and you can guess the rest. Now we have four extra people. This is a casual outdoor patio supper, with 70's music and dancing. (There is a ban on video and NO posting to Facebook on this one, lol, I can still do the Hustle but don't want the world to see it!)

I was thinking burlap as a casual fabric but cannot find anything, and what is available just isn't what I'm looking for.

Any leads?? Thanks in advance!

Comments (26)

• Sugar Plum
    9 years ago

kswl, there is a plain-jane one available on Overstock. Probably not exactly what you had in mind, but maybe you could dress it up with a contrasting top square?

Here is a link that might be useful: Overstock Basic Tablecloth

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sugar Plum, thank you for that link---its just what I was looking for in terms of style, don't care for the fabric but I was thinking about layering a square over it anyway. The other one I saw had no pleats, just a big slit and gap at the corners, so this is head over heels better! If I don't find something 100% better I will order this one today!

• Olychick
    9 years ago

If you didn't check etsy, try there

Here is a link that might be useful: card table covers

This post was edited by olychick on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 14:14

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks olychick---I actually did check there, but the offerings are either vintage squares that just go on top of the table and hang down only a few inches on all sides, or the card table type square that feels like felt.

I had no idea it would be so difficult to find!

• Sugar Plum
    9 years ago

It's funny, from your description in the original post, I knew exactly what you were talking about, and I have seen these covers before, but my brief search didn't turn up much!

Do you sew at all? This would be pretty simple to make in a cotton duck or more rustic fabric.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Overstock only has it in white, and other places with the same item are also sold out in the sand color. I did not want white, as it does not fit into the color scheme I have planned for the party!

Any other ideas???

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't sew at all. Your idea of simple is probably my idea of a 12 month project with a divorce at the end, lol.

The only other thing I have seen is an appalling stretch polyester catsuit-for-a-card-table type thing and almost looks obscene :-)

I am really surprised there isn't more available. Do people not use card tables any more?

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

removed double post

This post was edited by kswl on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 15:02

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Did you see this one on Amazon?

Here is a link that might be useful: Fitted cloth

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just ordered the white one and hope I can find a square top or fabric to have one made.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Here's another source on Amazon with more colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cloth

• busybee3
    9 years ago

I have a couple of small square table cloths that I used to use for a card table back when I was in a neighborhood with a bunko group..... of course they weren't fitted with sewn, fitted corners, but they acted just as a regular tablecloth would... wouldn't that be an option?? if you're worried about wind, you could just weight the corners. and if you couldn't find the color that you wanted, it would be really easy to make some-- even for a nonsewer!!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Fun, I just found those myself! But the sand color is also out of stock for that size table and the other colors are not suitable :-(

I am still looking though!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I could use square table cloths, busy, but would rather not. I have several of these Costco card tables that are very nicely made, top padded, all in vg condition, that we have had forever, but they are BLUE. I don't want those blue card table legs showing.... ... not even an option, lol. Call me crazy (offline, please :-) but I want this to be a perfect birthday for a very good friend. No spindly blue table legs allowed!

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Not sure the right size...these are poly, not my first choice, but might work. I'm linking 32x32, next size is 48" square...

oops, didn't see the blue leg ban when I posted these so these won't work either as the drop is only 29"...those legs will show, although you could get 2 cloths, one to go to the ground with unfitted corners and an overcloth with the fitted corners.

Here is a link that might be useful: tablecloth

This post was edited by olychick on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 16:10

• Olychick
    9 years ago

burlap w/o fitted corners - their fitted ones all seem to be rectangles. Oops, just saw the blue leg ban...these probably won't work

What about calling a banquet rental place and see if they have the cloths to rent?

Here is a link that might be useful: 45x45

This post was edited by olychick on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 16:11

• Sugar Plum
    9 years ago

Another idea -- a card table is 34" square (I think), so with a 29" drop on the sides that is 92". Possibly a 90" square tablecloth would work? You could rubber-band or otherwise attach the corners to the table legs if you are worried about tripping hazards.

Here is a 90" square cloth, available in natural burlap.

Here is a link that might be useful: 90

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sugar Plum, I see what you mean, and that could be done if the table weren't for people to sit and eat supper. Affixing the extra fabric at the corners to the leg of the table would prevent the diner from pushing in his or her chair. That's why the pleats at the corners are necessary.

But I think if I use the white tablecloth and a burlap 34" square topper that it will at least be passable!

• Sugar Plum
    9 years ago

I meant just to attach the corner of the cloth to the bottom of the table leg (and this would also ensure the blue leg didn't make an appearance!) I think you would have plenty of fabric at the corner that would allow the chairs to be pushed in. However, this would not be a very tailored look, and I think tailored is probably much more your style :)

I think the white tablecloth with the burlap topper will be fine. After all, you will have the table set and your guests will be enjoying the company and your party (and most people aren't nearly as critical as us GWers). Have fun!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Olychick, that burlap site is cool! I thought a 30" x 60" runner would work, as it would practically cover the table top and hang down 13 inches on two sides---but it is $169! I can get the burlap and have one made with pleats at the corners for that, just not by the 14th :(

But with the white cover I have ordered I think I'll run up to Atlanta this weekend and buy burlap or something else that I can just cut a 34" square from and fringe the edges. I know I can do that!

Now the fun begins.... I have mostly everything in services for 12 and now we have 14, so that one table will have to have different everything. Botheration! (This is why I love to entertain at Christmas, I have enough buffet plates for the whole town!)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Sugar! You are so right about that, 99 out of 100 people would not notice the small details that somehow start looming as important as nuclear fallout. Well, not really :-) I am not that nutty.

White tablecloth, burlap topper, probably off white dishes and I have some great leaf embroidered napkins I haven't used in a decade. HK just organized the linen storage and there are things in there I forgot we had!

Many thanks for the links and suggestions!

• pattyxlynn
    9 years ago

If it's white, how about doing a quick dye job on it? It would be a simple at home project or possibly even hired out... but I don't know to who. Good Luck, it sounds like a fun party and kudos for banning video!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

At this point I am reconciled to the white cloth with a burlap topper, as I will be able to use them at other times with different tops. I usually use a rigid round top on the card tables and round tablecloths. The square tablecloths will give me another option when we don't need the extra room the round top affords.

• Kippy
    9 years ago

FYI I found burlap pretty cheap at Joanne's, but even a better price was found at Home Depot in the garden department....seems a few people have gone that route and liked the product

3 feet by 24 feet for under $13 (less than $2 a yard)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Omgosh, kippy, that is fantastic!!! I will check at HD and hope they have it!!

You all are a wonderful resource!!!

• bbstx
    9 years ago

This place has black, natural, red, and navy 34" square tablecovers, in stock. $60ish

Here is a link that might be useful: Tablevogue