Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Lighting question

Annie Deighnaugh
10 years ago

GF is in the process of swapping her LR and DR. We've already figured out where to put the chandelier and the can lights in the DR.

In the LR, she is asking me if she should have can lights put in the living room too and what to do with the central light fixture where the chandelier used to be. I'm thinking no cans in there as there is plenty of opportunity for lamps. But the idea of a central fixture, even if a semi-flush mount, just bothers me....so many of them are ugly. Still, it seems there ought to be some light that comes on with a light switch by the door for safety and general lighting, but there are no switched outlets.

So should we add cans that operate with the wall switch just for general lighting when they need it and omit the central fiixture? Or keep the central fixture? If keep, then what kind should it be...it will have to be high enough so no one hits their head on it. (She has 8' ceilings and is going for a traditional look in the LR.) Definitely don't want any boob lights!

TIA!

Comments (14)