Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Anybody know what this light is called?

beekeeperswife
13 years ago

this photo is from Houzz. I have seen this light in other places (Jeff Lewis has something like this) and I always like it, but always afraid too modern...but wait...this is a traditional staircase, with an edgy kind of banister..."oh dh, have I told you what a master woodworker you are lately?"

so any ideas what this is called or where to buy such a thing?

Comments (16)

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

Beekeep, I Googled "sphere pendant lights" and got lots of results. Here's one web page attached.....pricey!

Here is a link that might be useful: sphere pendant lights for Beekeep!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks folk, I think they might be individual glass pendants. I did do a search for those, and did come up with some ideas. But I really wonder if it might be a single light fixture though. I just want to climb into that photo and look up to the ceiling!

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

OK, here's another try. The good news is that it has free shipping. The bad news is that it's $4,300.00.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pendant fixture

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, but it says I'd be saving $1064....I'll order 3.

It says that the length can be varied, I bet that's it.

Thanks...sort of. ;-)

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

Glad to have helped. Now do you want me to Google "home improvement loans"?

• terezosa / terriks
    13 years ago

I call it super cool!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

and as I looked at the title of my post I thought, I know what it's called....EXPENSIVE!

Alright, I know there are some super slueths out there, I need a knock off....

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Well, here's a possibility. Take a look at ET2 Starburst pendants. The wires are adjustable to 54". Not sure how much area you're trying to span, but you could clip each one to a different length. I have the clear one with seven lights and it was about $250, IIRC.

You could also do any of the Tech Lighting pendants (or similar) on a three-point canopy and again, cut each cable to the length you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maybe something here?

• annzgw
    13 years ago

Forget the light........it's the artwork that makes everything work! ;~)
    Love it!!

• barb5
    13 years ago

I agree....it's the artwork!

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I believe it's referred to as a multi-light pendant.

• oceanna
    13 years ago

Gorgeous photo! How do you save a photo off Houzz?

• doonie
    13 years ago

Wow.

That is a gorgeous space. I'm working on my foyer now too, but the architectural details here are stunning and tie the lighting and the artwork together so well.

How's your foyer coming Bee?

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

That fixture is one of those pieces that raises the bar of expectation for the entire room around it. I think it needs a stairhall that is detailed to the level of the inspiration picture.

I think in a typical, nice but fairly run of the mill double height foyer, it would start to make the typical, nice but run of the millness of the rest of the foyer look dull and inferior.

However, I think if you were to recreate this fixture with individual pendants as has been suggested--making it a less upscale, more vernacular adaptation of that couture fixture...it could look very nice.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

I love it and think it is the windows, banister and woodwork that really make it all so special. The artwork is nice, but would be nothing without the fixtures themselves. In fact, to me, the artwork kind of fights the lightness of the windows. I'd love a huge antique mirror in the artwork space either without a frame or in a silver one. A mirror with etchings in it would be ideal.

Amy's link had some really nice pieces that could work in much the same way...

• babs711
    13 years ago

My friend has those in her foyer! She has more than that though. I've only been in it once so far as it's a new house. I remember being in awe when I walked in though. Her home is more of a contemporary style so the lights fit in perfectly.