Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now These are Some Difficult Windows!

Posted by aktillery (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 13:02

I have just moved into yet another rental and have a wall of windows in a triangular shape. I am a fan of straight clean lines and am stumped with this. I have to cover them with something bc the light pouring in is blinding. I do have a nice view of the lake and some hills, so I would not want to cover it.

I have had some ideas but am still not sure. Since it is a rental, I do not want to spend an arm and a leg.

I am sure you guys will have some wonderful suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Another View

A view from eye level.

o
One more

one more...

o
RE: Now These are Some Difficult Windows!

I would try some cling film on the uppers and get some inexpensive Target panels for the lower windows.

http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2011/10/11/how-to-make-a-cheap-awesome-professional-curtain-rod/

Window cling film

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/decor/window-films/gila-36-in-x-78-in-titanium-energy-saving-peel-and-cling-window-film-10366483.html#BVRRWidgetID

Great view! I solved my problem windows by replacing them with new super duper uv coated windows. It really makes a huge difference. Maybe you can drop some hints to your landlord.

Photobucket

After

Photobucket

o

Thanks!! Your windows look fabulous!!!

o

I don't have any suggestions. I just wanted to commiserate with both of you on the lousy views you have from those windows. ;o)

o

I agree with Javachik ..... those are some beautiful views!

o

I would love to have that many windows and that view! I would probably get long panels so I could open and close as I choose and depending on the light coming in each day.

o

YES! Love the views and the wonderful windows! Jeannie... I am considering some long panels so I can close them when the light glares through and I want to cozy up or just see without seeing spots for that matter.

o

Yes, they are difficult windows. Thanks for making my curtain issue seem minor!

o

beautiful, beautiful views! I don't have any suggestions as I have been struggling with plain old windows! I totally agree with beekeeperswife, you just made my curtain issue seem minor too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here