Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomatofreak

Is this hideous....

tomatofreak
9 years ago

.... or WHAT?! This is on Joss and Main (did I get that right?) in the "dark and decadent" section. I signed up to the rather pretentious site while on one of our chandelier hunts. Didn't know I'd be getting e-mails every day.

Anyhow, this is a cowhide rug. Does it look like a cow to you - or does it look like someone skinned a tabby cat?

Here is a link that might be useful: Hideous rug

Comments (17)

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Brazilian zebra !!!!

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    9 years ago

LOL! I think it does look like a cat or zebra skin...it's not really my style

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Whatever it was, I'm sure it was prettier alive.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Well, at least one person disagrees :)

From Amazon.com
    " Beige Brazilian Zebra Cowhide Rug * Hair on Cow Leather Rug *
    5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous !!!!!! I love it, came in one week, reg mail, no problems..... All my friends want to steal it, they can buy one too!, May 19, 2014 By
    Suzie -
    This review is from: Beige Brazilian Zebra Cowhide Rug * Hair on Cow Leather Rug *
    It was perfect, if I could give 10 stars I would, it was just what they showed, even more beautiful !!! Came in one week, reg mail, packed great!!! GORGEOUS

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Hideous. Looks like a Kliban tabby cat. Would not have it anywhere near my house.

And you know what else? That site sucks. I'm not registered and a logon/register box pops up with no way to make it go away without registering.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

What is the deal with these new sites that make you register to even look? That seems to be a recent trend that I'm not quite understanding.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Errant, I guess they would rather risk pissing you off if there's the chance you might possibly bend to their will and register.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Tomatofreak, you can opt out of the Emails.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

probably looks better in situ. maybe.

• theclose
    9 years ago

Hmmm...I don't think it is hideous. Would I use it? No. But I can see it looking somewhat chic in the appropriate space. Frankly it is too bland for me. So I think that is what would appeal to most - it is beige. Like most of the decorating world.

• coll_123
    9 years ago

I 'm not a fan of anything animal print, or in the shape of an animal skin..just not my thing. To each their own. Yes, there are a ton of sites that won't let you browse without registering..very annoying.

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

I don't think it is hideous, but it is not my style or material. I think it is dyed cowhide.

There are haircalf shoes and handbags out there, too, and those are not for me, either.

Here is a link that might be useful: Haircalf Flats

• localeater
    9 years ago

ugh, reminds me of when I saw a persian lamb coat and thought it was beautiful but wondered what it really was. I found out, and was nauseated. LOL - not to my taste, but to each his own

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OK, so I can opt out of the e-mails. Hope it's not too difficult. Next time I'm asked to register just so I can look at overpriced stuff, I'll decline.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

That's a very creepy rug. Re Joss and Main....

I signed up because I was looking for new sofa pillows and a new end table. It's the hardest site to navigate I've ever seen. First, I hate it because you can't just search on 'pillows' or some specific thing. You have to sort through a hundred items and scroll thru everything in one of their categories. Then you can 'love' something, which kind of bookmarks it. Second, their items are available for a limited time only. I waited too long on one table (had to go to the lake last weekend and make measurements) and it's gone from J&M. Now the good news is that somehow they must be connected to Wayfair and Overstock because I've found the same table, although a few dollars more expensive, available on both Wayfair and Overstock. It shouldn't be so hard. I'm probably going to opt out of J&M just because I'm tired of the daily barrage of e-mails.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

J&M is owned by Wayfair -- and I may have bought something once from them. I prefer OKL -- much easier to search and often a better variety. For J&M, just search on Wayfair and then google to see if J&M has it at a better price.

Right now, the opposite is true. Wayfair has it at a better price and usually you can find a 10% off coupon. I've purchased stuff from Wayfair with good success.

Here is a link that might be useful: I have no affiliation, link to rug requested

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Not my cuppa.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz