Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Anyone have or have experience with the Ikea Kivik Sofa?

amykath
9 years ago

Here is a photo. I wondered if you did or had sit in one, if you liked it. Any suggestions are appreciated! I need to purchase two sofas for my new home. I do not want to spend a fortune but want it to be comfy and strait lines.

I am wide open to suggestions and opinions etc.

TIA!
Amy

Comments (12)

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Robo! Have any pics? What color do you have?

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Also consider the Karlstad. I personally find it a bit more comfy and prefer the less bulky arm rest. I'd probably replace the legs with metal or stain the wood legs, though.
    I also really, really like the Stockholm sofas.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Based on looks, I'm fairly certain it was the Kivik that I sat on the other day at an IKEA store while waiting for DH. It was very comfortable (in leather). Obviously, I can't speak for the longevity of the back cushions, but for a few minutes' rest, it was great!

• Skypathway1
    9 years ago

I have 2 Karlstad couches in leather with Aluminum legs in my family room. They get a lot of use and abuse from couch potatoes, food, cats (with claws) etc. They look brand new even though they are a few years old. I don't have any problems with the back cushions because they are velcroed into place and never move.

We had looked at the Kivik in leather but I didn't like how the arms are wider and lower. Personal choice, I felt they weren't in proportion with the couch. Otherwise it was comfortable and our second choice.

• sixkeys
    9 years ago

I think that's what I have in my rec room (not at home right now). We are happy with it. The back cushions are a little slumpy, but not too bad. The pull out bed is a little strange - I think it is only good for kids.

• daisychain01
    9 years ago

we have kivik and love it. looks way sturdier and better made than some of our other ikea stuff. Oddly our back cushions are very sturdy and don't slump at all. we got ours about 3 years ago and it has worn extremely well. we also have karlstadt but it is a much smaller sofa

• weespxx
    9 years ago

I know you may have already made a decision about this but we pit our new Kivik together last night and it is very firm but I've added lots of cuddly pillows and it seems to be fine for our TV room. Good luck!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks wee!!! So glad you like it.

• andyscott
    9 years ago

I am considering getting the Kivik sofa and found it comfortable. What I also like is the fact that one can rotate the cushions, the light grey fabric is machine washable, and makes the perfect background for a bunch of colorful pillows.

• HU-362949715
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Margo

Oktober7 2018

I just bought toady Ikea's kivik fabric sofa whith Chase. I picpicked up at a Kitchener store and put everything together ( waited 2 weeks for it) I am very disappointed.One of the back cushion is flat and it looks like it has been used already.

• Steve Soicansee
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

This couch is about a firm as has ever existed... except maybe that rock one in the Flintstones home. If thats what you consider comfortable, then you'll love it.