Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 11:44
Please give me your opinion on this - I will be painting soon. I have a very small living room and I painted the crown molding, baseboards, door trim and window trim an off-white. Given the small size of the living room; there is a built-in, approx. 3.5 ft. tall bookcase that divides the living room from the kitchen. Should I paint the bookcase the same color as the wall to make it blend with the wall and increase the sense of space, or should I paint it the trim color? There is quite a bit of contrast between my trim and wall color because the wall color is a mid-tone color.
|I would paint it the trim color. I think the off-white will give the bookcase a fresh and lively look and better set off the books and other things you'll put there. I don't really think it will make the room look smaller since it's such a light color.|
|Ditto what ingrid said!|
|Thanks so much for the comments!|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here