After months of searching for a coffee table, I was able to find a really pretty one by Maine Cottage for $75 on Craig's List! Unfortunately, the table's color completely clashes with our decor. We need to repaint it, but we don't have a huge budget for the project. My husband can brush paint it, but the table was originally factory sprayed. We don't own a paint sprayer, and I know that they are pricey. Any suggestions on how to create a nice look for the table with a second painting?
Thanks so much!
|Yes, buy paint primer in a spray can and then buy spray cans of the color you want and spray away. Watch a Utube of spray painting correctly so you'll have a perfect finish. I've done this to all types of furniture very successfully. Good luck.|
|Check around and see if you can't rent a paint sprayer for a weekend or a couple of days. A lot of Home Depots rent tools, and there are usually local places that rent them as well.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here